#1 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,836 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

http://www.zimbio.co...Many 8 Villains

Yesterday, Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb revealed via Twitter that BJ Novak would be playing wheelchair-bound robotics expert and villain Alistair Smythe in the upcoming movie. While there's nothing in the promotional materials so far suggesting he'll actually be facing off with Spidey onscreen, he represents yet another baddie thrown into a movie already packed with them.

So just how many villains are there in the new movie? Let's tick them off.

1. Electro (The Star Villain)
2. Rhino (Supporting Villain)
3. Green Goblin (Supporting Villain)
4. Alistair Smythe (Possible Villain)
5. Doctor Octopus (Teased)
6. The Vulture (Teased)
All we have to go on here is the above photo, but since we also know Sony is planning on a Sinister Six movie, there's a good chance they'll bring in the Vulture, a staple member of the famous rogue's gallery.
7. The Lizard (Probably Not This Movie)
8. Venom (Might Show Up)
Since Sony has already announced plans for a Venom stand-alone movie, they'll have to introduce Bugle reporter Eddie Brock at some point, and we wouldn't be surprised to see him make a quick cameo in ASM2 just to establish the character.

#2 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

The Green Goblin looks absolutely awful. It boggles my mind how they could screw up his look in two different franchises. I mean, is it REALLY that hard to just give him the comic book look?

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,547 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

Electro looks terrible as well. Give him the old school costume and the mask doesn't have to have too big of bolts on it.

#4 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Foxx as electro?

I seriously think movies are way better and less cheesy when villains are played by not extremely well known actors.

#5 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Fox looks like Mr.freeze from batman and robin

#6 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Just like the first TASM I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable movie but whoever is designing the villains costumes really needs to be fired. The only one that I personally think has looked decent is Electro. But I always liked the Ultimate Electro look more than the classic. I'm going to have the same problem with this movie as I did the last one. "man this is pretty fun but the Lizard/Green Goblin really looks like poo"

#7 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

It actually looks good. One thing I am worried about is putting three villians in the movie at once. We all seen how Spiderman 3 turned out. I was ashamed of how they did Venom in the serious. I actually prefer this type of Spiderman in the current series. The trailer looks good and believe Fox will play the character well. I was skeptical about him when he started acting but I seen quite a few of his movies and he really gets into character. Should be fun!

#8 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,836 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Just like the first TASM I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable movie but whoever is designing the villains costumes really needs to be fired. The only one that I personally think has looked decent is Electro. But I always liked the Ultimate Electro look more than the classic. I'm going to have the same problem with this movie as I did the last one. "man this is pretty fun but the Lizard/Green Goblin really looks like poo"

I thought The Lizard looked great in the first movie. Loved the scene where Spidey was crawling all over him. good stuff.

#9 CCS

CCS

• HUDDLER
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

The movie is a complete turd. Don't waste your money going to watch it. It's seriously almost if not worse than Spiderman 3.

#10 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

The movie is a complete turd. Don't waste your money going to watch it. It's seriously almost if not worse than Spiderman 3.

please be lying

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

I wasn't a fan of the first.

Part of me hopes Sony royally screws this so that maybe they'll just give up and let the rights go back to Marvel.

#12 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

The guy at my local comic shop said that he heard from somebody who was able to get an early viewing that Electro gets like, 15 minutes in the whole film and he steals the show in those 15 minutes. Outside of that, he said it just felt like Spider-Man 3. A lot of characters being thrown at you, but nothing really making sense.

So, if that's true, I'll be bummed. I'm going to go see it, so I guess I'll find out. THIS is what happens when a company (like Sony) has rights to ONE superhero from a major comic label that is also doing movies based on the comics, and doing it great and molding them to intermingle a good bit. Sony is trying to build the rogue's gallery and create this seemingly dense world for Peter Parker to be in all in one movie. If Marvel were doing this movie, Spidey would have one clear enemy, with MAYBE one minor enemy employed by the main enemy thrown in. And it would be amazing from start to finish, most likely. Marvel hasn't put out a movie that I didn't like.

Sony and Fox need to do the right thing. Sell the rights back to Marvel (Marvel could literally give them both blank checks) so that Marvel can put Wolverine and Spidey in the Avengers and fulfill every comic nerd's wet dream.

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

I don't really wanna see Wolverine and Spider Man in the Avengers, but I do wanna see Marvel having full control.

Trailers for this make me think they're gonna have Harry Osborn be the first Green Goblin rather than his dad.  That would be some major screwing with comic history.

#14 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Bet money that they screw up the Hobgoblin background in a few more movies.

I've also heard rumors that the movie after this one, they are planning on Venom/Carnage. That'd be cool, but again, feels rushed.

#15 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

Bet money that they screw up the Hobgoblin background in a few more movies.

I've also heard rumors that the movie after this one, they are planning on Venom/Carnage. That'd be cool, but again, feels rushed.

The Spider Man mythos has obvious 'franchise' potential.  Why rush it?

Hollywood has no patience.  Everything has to be "now now now".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com