Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Seahawks Release Sidney Rice

90 posts in this topic

I would put Rice a tier above the Hixon/Ginn/Murphy signings that we've made and in the Nicks tier with available FA this year.  Oft-injured and frustrating to rely on, but his skillset would be worth at least kicking the tires on with a modest/fair salary.  Like others have said too, his local ties to Gaffney and the Gamecocks could help as well.  Did the Seahawks trade for him or sign him as a FA last year?

I'm waiting for this thread whole day.

Well, he got a one year 2.5 million dollar offer sheet from the Pats and he had a down year... so maybe not?

Agree. Im not sure he'll get anything more than 3mil/yr.

1 person likes this

I would put Rice a tier above the Hixon/Ginn/Murphy signings that we've made and in the Nicks tier with available FA this year. Oft-injured and frustrating to rely on, but his skillset would be worth at least kicking the tires on with a modest/fair salary. Like others have said too, his local ties to Gaffney and the Gamecocks could help as well. Did the Seahawks trade for him or sign him as a FA last year?

Disagree with your tier groupings. He's not in Nicks' league and Ginn has never had the injury issues. He'd group with Hixon and Murphy, but below Ginn and well below Nicks.

Panthers | Could be landing spot for Sidney Rice

Free-agent WR Sidney Rice (Seahawks) could be a value signing for the Carolina Panthers. He is still just 27 years old, and he is tall with great hands.

Fantasy Tip: Rice would be a nice fit for the team, but his propensity for injury is always a drawback. He played just 33 of 48 possible games in Seattle due to injury.

2014-03-01 20:50:34 |

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=894257-panthers-could-be-landing-spot-for-sidney-rice

1 person likes this

I actually would like to see Rice here. He could definitely help out our receiving corps, assuming he stays healthy.

But, the last time we signed a Seattle receiver, his name was DJ Hackett, and that didn't go over very well. :(

It's just speculation for the moment but I could see a 1-year deal being a possibility. 

For the right price, hell yeah, bring him in.

I'm in that mindset for pretty much any player. Can he help our team and will he accept not getting paid a lot? Yes? Bring him in.