Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers very interested in OT Brandon Thomas

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Thomas seems a better fit at LG than LT!?!?

1 person likes this

Posted

I love this time of year.  Everyone gets super excited because of tape measures, bathroom scales, and stopwatches.  Also known as "Al Davis Syndrome".

1 person likes this

Posted

This guy is more of a day 3 pick.

1 person likes this

Posted

Day 3 probably.  He is short, but he is a good player.   I have seen him projected at G.  Will look at his arm length. 

Posted

the OP implies that Panthers are looking at him as Gross' replacement? UH 

Posted

I don't want really big guys on the ends, I want athletic guys with nimble feet, long arms and violence in their movements. Need someone who can keep up with the speed rush around the outside, but still have the base to anchor vs a power move and move his man in run sets. I like the bigger guys inside.

3 people like this

Posted

He has 34" arms and nearly 11" hands.  He and Zack Martin were best OL at the SR bowl.

2 people like this

Posted

the OP implies that Panthers are looking at him as Gross' replacement? UH 

I am pretty sure that Gross returns for 1 more.  12-4, chance for a ring.  I hope so because I want an upgrade at RT this year, LT next year.

Posted

Curse the man who coined hog mollie... uggh.

Posted

He played LT at clemson at a high level, and then played really well at the senior bowl at LT. Leave him there, josh Norris likes him and thinks he will be aSecond round pick

Posted

I love this time of year. Everyone gets super excited because of tape measures, bathroom scales, and stopwatches. Also known as "Al Davis Syndrome".

lol aren't you one of the posters who viciously attacked anyone who liked arguably the best WR prospect in last year's class in keenan allen because his 40 time was "slow"...?

Posted

Brandon Thomas looks like a decent player, but he could very well be there in the 4th, and should definitely be there in the late 3rd. There are much better prospects, however, especially in the first three rounds.