Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Continuing Education Advice & Career Thread

103 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Don't get multiple drug felonies. It makes the job searches infinitely harder, trust me.

On that note, I'm trying to figure out wtf to do with my life. I'm a multiple drug felon with a masters in history and 15 years of restaurant management and construction experience as my two main applicable skills. I make around 35k (ie shit pay) a year right now managing the front end of a restaurant but fuck restaurants and the service industry in general.

Posted · Report post

Don't get multiple drug felonies. It makes the job searches infinitely harder, trust me.

On that note, I'm trying to figure out wtf to do with my life. I'm a multiple drug felon with a masters in history and 15 years of restaurant management and construction experience as my two main applicable skills. I make around 35k (ie poo pay) a year right now managing the front end of a restaurant but fug restaurants and the service industry in general.

What are your goals?

Posted · Report post

What are your goals?

To not live week to week.

To not work shit hours so that I can have my daughter truly 50% of the time.

To have benefits.

To have upward mobility potential.

To feel productive.

To be able to provide a future for my daughter other than "well sweetie if you want to go to college you better get a scholarship or be prepared to live with student loan debt for the rest of your life"

Posted · Report post

I hate to sound corny, but the fact that you have those goals means your on the right track.  I would just keep plugging away and not get to stressed about it.  We'll all be dead in 100 years anyway.

Posted · Report post

Update on my situation. After having a lot more activity with interviews and such in recent weeks I was able to secure my first job in my career. This comes 6 months after graduating and plenty of job searching. The whole process has sucked but it feels good to finally get that opportunity. I am excited to finally put my degree to use.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

limits/derivatives/integrals FTL

Posted · Report post

Update on my situation. After having a lot more activity with interviews and such in recent weeks I was able to secure my first job in my career. This comes 6 months after graduating and plenty of job searching. The whole process has sucked but it feels good to finally get that opportunity. I am excited to finally put my degree to use.

Congrats