Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Steve getting cut tuesday, had dinner with JR

Best Answer Gabeking, 11 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

I'd rather go 6-10 knowing Steve will be there until the end.

Then you're obviously a Steve Smith fan more than you are a Carolina Panthers fan. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#181 Camsfanclub

Camsfanclub

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

If Joe Montana can get traded and Kasay can get released thi isnt as surprising as some of you make it out to be.

#182 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,256 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

This is a bad idea. Our offense was terribad without him last season...

It wasn't terrigood with him

#183 ChinaPanther

ChinaPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

PFT is basically what you would get if every emotional, conspiracy theorizing, knee jerk reaction having jackoff on this site got together with an ambulance chasing lawyer and made a football "news" site. It is a complete joke and if you give any credit to their opinions on anything, ESPECIALLY in regards to the Panthers, then you should shut down your huddle account, sit in a corner with no food, water, or light, and wait for the sweet embrace of death.

My God Montsta!!! 

#184 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

Business move my ass, why is Godfrey still on this team if business is the reason.

I've seen this question asked numerous times on here.

The reality is that cutting Godfrey before he is medically cleared after his injury last year would leave the team open to a grievance and the potential of facing a big payment as an injury settlement. 

That's why.

#185 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

If Joe Montana can get traded and Kasay can get released thi isnt as surprising as some of you make it out to be.

SF had Steve Young.

#186 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Also, there is officially no one left from the Super Bowl team. RIP 03 Panthers. 

well, it was 10 years ago

#187 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Stop arguing guys!!! It's like when your parents get divorced and you fight with your little brother about who's fault it was....

I just can't...

I feel so empty inside right now.

#188 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

Steve smith you will be missed thanks for all of the great memories

#189 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,351 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

SF had Steve Young.

SF didn't know it had Steve Young until they started him. That's the point.

#190 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

SF didn't know it had Steve Young until they started him. That's the point.

How dare you post a rational thought I this thread

#191 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

At the last playoff game against the 9ers, when smitty went down and then limped off, I turned to my buddy and said, "we might have just seen the last of smitty".

I couldn't have dreamed it would be like this. I understand it. I hold no ill will towards Gettleman or the panthers. Hopefully those of us in charlotte will be introduced to a new show on 610 hosted by smitty and gross, 2 of the greatest panthers of all time.

#192 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

I hope he ends up with a cool team.  

With Gettleman, I think he obviously has a WR corps in mind that he wants and maybe one of these FAs is his top target to get.  

From my honest perspective, Steve looked noticeably slower last season.  Still played with his same fire and was relentless but was noticeably slower at times and couldn't break away as often, but that doesn't take away how great he's been as a Panther.  

#193 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

What a horrible ending to the story of the Greatest Panther of All-Time ..

This is disheartening for sure.

Now I know we have to do what's best for the team, but he is the best WR we have and he is the greatest Panther ever, the heart and soul of this Franchise... He should be treated with more respect than this.

Thanks for everything 89.

#194 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Jesus people....FA and draft have not even started yet.

Yeah, what players do you see us picking up? It's a fact that no team has won the NFCS in back to back seasons. I expect this season to be no different especially considering not only what we lost, but who. It's not a doom and gloom scenario but a reality that was carved by the previous front office. We will now have four new receivers suiting up on Sundays and I'm curious who that go to guy will be for us.

We have needs at safety, LT, and a new crop of receivers. I don't think the guys that fill those voids will play at the level that those guys did last season.

#195 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

64 receptions, 745 yards, 4 touchdowns, 11.3 yards/reception, 6 drops, 35 years old making $7MM+ this next season.
49 receptions, 627 yards, 5 touchdowns, 12.8 yards/reception, 6 drops, 27 years old making likely $1MM+ this next season.

One of these receivers is Steve Smith, the other is Brandon LaFell. One is a player that 99% of the people here don't ever want on this team again. The other is a player that 80% are ready to turn in their panthers fan card, burn b of a down, and kill the new front office for letting him go.

This is what emotions do to your football team people, and why it is imperative for the GM to get passed those emotions and make tough decisions. I love Steve Smith. But JR hired Gettleman to do a job and y'all kept bitching and bitching that he was just another yes man. You think it was easy for Gettleman to walk into JR's office and put this idea on the table? I'd be nervous that's for sure. Obviously JR has given him the authority needed to make some tough calls in order to get this team where it needs to go, which is at least a step in the right direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.