#1 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

This thread I'll be sharing my experience at the Spurs vs. TrailBlazers in San Antonio.

I got to the arena about an hour and a half before game time. The line was already pretty long but I still got in in a reasonable amount of time.

Attached Files

#2 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Once in the arena I went to check out the building and I ran into a guy from ESPN and asked him how he got into the company and I tried to photobomb as many cameras as I could wearing my Charlotte Hornets gear.

Attached Files

#3 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

After walking around for a bit I decide I want to go check my seats. They were very high (my mom decided to buy the tickets the night before the game so all good seats were sold out.) But I could still see the game very good.
I got some shots from my seat of Damian Lillard (shooting 3s) and LaMarcus Aldridge (mid range corner) shooting around pre game.

Attached Files

#4 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

I decided to try and sneak into the lower levels and attempt to get by the team tunnels for an autograph from lillard or aldridge. Unfortunately security wouldn't let me but I was able to get closer shots of aldridge. Lillard was gone by the time I got down there.

Attached Files

#5 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

After this, it was time for the pregame to start so I went ahead back to my seat. The pregame was pretty cool and people were looking at me weird because I clapped for the entire TrailBlazers introduction, stayed silent for the Spurs, but went crazy for Danny Green.

#6 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Pre game introductions for the spurs

Attached Files

#7 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Portland warming up

Attached Files

#8 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

San Antonio Warming up.
Quick story during warmups I was watching Danny Green as he just drained shot after shot after shot from 3 point range. Tim Duncan walked over to him and clotheslined Green in mid shot then Green still made it, got up and did the Tiger Woods fist pump. It was epic.

Attached Files

#9 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

Once the game started it was all Spurs. Tiago Splitter energized the crowd early picking off a pass for a fast break dunk. The Blazers, especially Matthews and Lillard struggled this quarter, the Blazers offense being carried by LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicolas Batum.
Score was 30-24 Spurs up at the end of the 1st.

Attached Files

#10 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

Second quarter the Spurs continued to keep control of the game. It appeared the Spurs were going to blow the Blazers out by 30.
56-40 Spurs up at half.

Attached Files

#11 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

The halftime show wasn't too entertaining. It was wheelchair basketball. One guy drained a 3 and that was the highlight of the halftime show.

Attached Files

#12 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Early in the 3rd it was going back and forth, then.... LaMarcus Aldridge got injured. He woud not return.

Heres the team huddled around him as he lay on the floor in pain. He would be carried off and was given an ovation by the home crowd.

Attached Files

#13 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

After this, for a short amount of time, the Blazers lit on fire. Lillard diced through the spurs defense and slammed it with the left hand,

and shortly thereafter drained a 3 ball to bring them within 6.

The spurs however called a timeout and Blazers lost all momentum and it was all Spurs from this point on.
73-64 Spurs at the end of the 3rd

Attached Files

#14 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

In the 4th, within 1 minute Mills and Belineli both hit a 3 ball and it was all spurs from this point on. Mills was on fire this quarter, and every time he shot a 3 this annoying ass dude next to me screams "PATTY PATTY PATTY!"
The only highlight for the TrailBlazers this quarter was a CJ McCollum dunk in traffic (which I couldn't find video of)

Final Score: 103-90 Spurs win

Attached Files

#15 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Afterwards I took a chance for a picture with my little brother. Rockin Hornets gear, or course. We got a lot of stares wearing that stuff and a lot of people who asked us about it had no idea the bobcats were changing their name.

Also afterwards we went behind the fox sports set where the analyst were and I lifted my brother on my shoulders to see if he could get on camera. Security rushed to me quickly telling me to set him down. I think he may have gotten on camera. If anyone can find footage of the fox sports post game please let me know.

Overall it was a good experience and I am planning on taking a trip next spring break to Charlotte to watch the Hornets in their debut season. Hope you enjoyed the thread.

Attached File  1394724292881.jpg   89.1KB   23 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users