Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers A Big Bowl of Sanity

106 posts in this topic

Posted

Amen sister.

2 people like this

Posted

The Smitty deal and the "appearance" of the Panthers not doing much led to the hysteria... but all in all, Zod is right.

I was not and am not pleased with how they handled the Smitty situation, mainly the PR side of it, not the fact that they released him, but what's done is done.

Now, having said that... if they sign Roman Harper, I won't like it.  I know, I know... good of the team and all that... I agree, but that guy is a dick and I can't cheer for him.

5 people like this

Posted

Saying "Dave's got this," is as much (if not more) of a conjecture as saying he doesn't. What makes you so sure he's "got this"?

Don't get me wrong I think we will be okay. All that I'm saying is that Gettleman hasn't done anything yet, so it's really hard to act like he's "got this".

1 person likes this

Posted

Aside from that I do partially agree. Although I don't think Ginn was overpayed.

Posted

This could have possibly made me feel better if I had not just read the ACC Tournament is moving to Brooklyn. Kill. Me. Now.

Posted

agreed with most every thing, tho i don't wan to see godfrey play another down in a panthers uni, mainly because of the price tag not being worth the production. we can find at least equal talent for much cheaper. we need that money elsewhere.

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks Zod, it was about time you made a statement like this. Many of us could have written the same, but most on here really only listen to folks like you. I can`t believe what was going on here the last three days and especially yesterday. We are three days into FA and most on here lose their mind, jump off the bandwagon, get nto GMans face and predict a top 5 pick in 2015. I hope this awful BS stops now and poeple learn to trust the guys that are in charge and know how to handle a NFL front office.

Posted

Delete this topic! Your far too rational Zod haha.

I'd like to add to that, mitchell bought a new found attitude To the defence but also led the league for safeties in 18 missed tackles, he was solid but not worth what the steelers threw at him, he can be replaced imo by a 3rd or fourth round draft pick.

Munnerlyn had a good year probably his best as a panther, but again he's a nickel corner and can be replaced by a draftee or FA.

Jordan Gross is the toughest loss for me, whilst him and kalil were the only two elite players left for cam too work with he did lose a step but one more year out of him would have been huge for us to settle in his drafted replacment at RT.

Smitty is just a pure legend but for Cam to mature and evolve he had to hand over the reigns of this offense to Cam, so his departure is probably the best thing to have happend going forward, we also can take the hit now and not carry over a lot of dead money next year which has basically and unoticably killed the panthers FA plans this year with all the money carried over from beason etc.

Whilst it's going to take time I do think DG has a plan and it's longterm, he was part of 8 SB teams so he knows what it takes, I understand people are emotionally drained at the moment but that's why he's our GM because you have to make those decisions and disconnect! Fans just have to wait it out.

1 person likes this

Posted

relieved.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

This has been my position all along. I just haven't understood the crying over mediocre players signing else where. When you have 20+ UFAs you can expect some major turnover.

The biggest point Zod left out is...

We haven't signed any good FAs: false

We locked up arguably one of the top FA players when we tagged Hardy. Showing that our priority is to keep the young core together and continue to build.

1 person likes this