Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The last five super bowl winners

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did they lose their LT, 2 depth guys at G, WR1, WR2, WR3, WR4, S and best CB as well?

You act like anyone aside from the LT and S was a great player last year.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Ditto to the posters acting like there is nothing wrong.

It' was just the third day of FA. There is nothing wrong at this point.

Posted · Report post

Telling the huddle to calm their collective tits will result in mofos doing... tumblr_m6ikpbSL8s1qbcwqc.jpg
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It's not the fact we haven't signed anyone. It's how all this has went down. Seems like all the FA's are giving the Panthers and Gettleman the proverbial finger after the way the Steve Smith situation went down. I don't blame them a damn bit either. 

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith is no longer a Panther... there is something wrong.

Posted · Report post

Telling the huddle to calm their collective tits will result in mofos doing... tumblr_m6ikpbSL8s1qbcwqc.jpg

ILY

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith is no longer a Panther... there is something wrong.

Right because he and gross were going to remain playing for the panthers forever

Posted · Report post

Right because he and gross were going to remain playing for the panthers forever

Getting rid of two players without having their replacements ready... that's smart.

That's like your boss firing his right hand man without having a successor ready to take his place.

Posted · Report post

Getting rid of two players without having their replacements ready... that's smart.

That's like your boss firing his right hand man without having a successor ready to take his place.

We still haven't hit the draft yet. When we go into the season with no wr1 or a starting LT I'll worry. Until then I'm going to act as everything is alright which it is.

Posted · Report post

We still haven't hit the draft yet. When we go into the season with no wr1 or a starting LT I'll worry. Until then I'm going to act as everything is alright which it is.

Rookie receivers rarely succeed.

Posted · Report post

It's a pretty common trend that unless you get a freak athlete wide receiver (Green, Jones), he will tend to struggle his first season. There are exceptions to the rule as I mentioned but history says that wide receiver is one of the most difficult transitions to the pro level.

And are you seriously comfortable with a rookie LT protecting Cams blind side while not having any veteran presence to lean on? Why in the world would the Panthers not have at least drafted a left tackle last year for Gross to groom?

Just a few things like this don't make much since to me.

Posted · Report post

That is it really.  With 17 free agents and many under 1 year contracts exactly how many where we going to keep.  I can't imagine that anyone would say that Munnerlyn or Mitchell were worth what they got. Last year Captain got 1 million to play but somehow he is worth 5 million a season now.  Or Mitchell who even the Raiders didn't want and who we made with a beastly front seven is worth the huge money he got.  And look at Ginn, he caught 2 passes for SF and looked explosive due to Cam being able to put the deep ball right in his hands (when he caught it).  Now he gets a big contract to go elsewhere.

We will do the same thing this year I hope.  Pick up guys discarded from other teams and make them into serious players who we will either keep or let ago again when they command huge prices.

I know folks are upset we aren't signing everyone back but the truth is that there are plenty of guys who we can get cheap who will be able to replace the production we lost including Smitty.  Yeah I said it.

1 person likes this