Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

QB's will fall

49 posts in this topic

They have about put themselves in a position where they must draft a starter at QB 

Actually, they all have a capable starter on board and will not have to throw a guy in before he is ready.  Guys like Chad Henne, Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, etc, are not long term solutions, but will keep them from having to overdraft or start a guy before he is ready.

And now Bridgewater coming to NE also. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/report-teddy-bridgewater-visiting-patriots-on-wednesday-too/

Heck if Bridgewater drops to the Panthers they should take him.  Sure WR WR WR OT.  But in the big picture he would be BPA at that point.  Would be a nice safety net if Cam doesn't stay. 

Heck if Bridgewater drops to the Panthers they should take him.  Sure WR WR WR OT.  But in the big picture he would be BPA at that point.  Would be a nice safety net if Cam doesn't stay. 

I think if he falls to us a team like Jacksonville would move up to get him

Cleveland's 2nd (#35) and 3rd (#83) for #28? That would give Cleveland 3 first rounders and still leave them with a high 3rd rounder.

We would have #35, #60, #83, and #92. We could quite possibly get 4 big-time contributors:

OT- CK, Moses, Bitonio, Mewhort, Hurst

WR- Matthews, Latimer, Benjamin, Bryant, Adams, Landry, Moncrief

CB/S- Roby, Bailey, Fuller, Verret, Roberson, Jean-Baptiste, Purifoy, Desir

Wild card- ASJ, Yankey, or Su'a-Filo, Shazier

We could realistically end up with any 4 combinations of these, depending how it plays out. I'd be happy with this.

Who? Some guy I've never heard of? Cool!

Sounds like Jaws not having JM in the 1st. 

LMAO

1 person likes this

Mel Kiper, not sure if some of you guys have heard of him or not, also has Bridewater falling out of the first.

The thread was QB's will fall, I just don't predict how far.  I just don't think there will b 4 QB's taken in the first 8 picks like everyone did a month ago.

I personally think there is a chance only one QB will be taken in the top ten and he could go to Minnesota at 8, not sure he might be though, could be Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Manziel, etc.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/18/teddy-bridgewater-falls-to-second-round-in-mel-kipers-latest-mock-draft/