Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predict Your School's 2014 Record

38 posts in this topic

Posted

I live in Greenville, but i am a UNC fan, yea we have high hopes every year but it really is different this time. Fedora actually has two spread Qb's, thats what makes his offense flow, renner was holding us back. With ECU it's the same every year, you play up against bigger schools, WVU,UNC, NCSU but yet Can't win in that awful C-usa.

You are incredibly misinformed.

Posted

I'll give it a go. 

Tennessee Volunteers 2014 (7-5)

As long as we get to a bowl then I am good, my expectations are not too high either.

Posted

I hear the same stuff about UNC football every pre-season... yeah, UNC always gets high rated recruits, but it never amounts to anything. Carden and his supporting cast have only gotten better, and this game is at ECU. UNC will have to play a perfect game to win. This is the best ECU team in a LONG time, and UNC has a long way to go. UNC is the definition of doing less with more.

BUT... that's why they play the game.

ECU didn't even win the CUSA championship so how was last year their best year?

Posted

While in reality I think UNC will go 9-3 this could be their year to really tear it up. Nobody on our schedule is a for sure loss or even a probable loss. Most are tough matchups and easy wins.

Posted

ECU goes 10-2 again with its losses to all road game opponents @ S. Carolina,  @ Cincinnati (lose by <7 pts). They get 12 wins in the season with great bowl win. I'm hoping 11-1 but ECU somehow always manage 1 or more losses in the season that should have been a win. I'd even be pleased with 9-3

Posted

ECU goes 10-2 again with its losses to all road game opponents @ S. Carolina,  @ Cincinnati (lose by <7 pts). They get 12 wins in the season with great bowl win. I'm hoping 11-1 but ECU somehow always manage 1 or more losses in the season that should have been a win. I'd even be pleased with 9-3

LOL. 

Posted

While in reality I think UNC will go 9-3 this could be their year to really tear it up. Nobody on our schedule is a for sure loss or even a probable loss. Most are tough matchups and easy wins.

The key to UNC this year will be RB. They didn't have a RB last season and still won 8 games including a nice bowl win. TJ Logan is the guy to keep an eye on. I think 8-9 wins for UNC this year is a reasonable, non homer expectation. I just hope Fedora doesn't start doing that 2QB bullshit again with Mitch and Marquise. 

Posted

I honestly can't tell if you're saying ECU is going to lose all their road games, go 10-2, 11-1, or 9-3...

2 people like this

Posted

9-3 or 8-4 sounds about right for UNC.

I could see UNC losing to Notre Dame and Miami.

Duke and Clemson are both toss-up's.

Posted

appy-state-logo1.jpg

App State - bolded games are wins

@ Michigan:  ugly loss.

vs Campbell: big win

@ Southern Miss: they've won one game their past two years.  No reason to think App shouldn't win this one.

@ Georgia Southern: close game Thursday night but we always beat them.  I say we edge it out like 28-27, Georgia Southern will miss an extra point or some poo like that.

vs South Alabama:  probably the biggest home game all year.  USA is really good I say we lose by like 14.

vs Liberty: this should be another pretty easy win.  I would hope.

@ Troy:  they haven't been that good the past few years but we'll still lose.

vs Georgia State: if there is a team that has been worse than Southern Miss the past few years it's Ga State.  At home big win.

vs UL Monroe: this is the one "upset" win I have the Apps grabbing.  At home in November there could be some tough conditions for a Louisiana team.  They won't be prepared for how loud the rock really gets and the Apps get a really big win here while the rest of the sun belt takes notice.

@ Arkansas State: one of the best teams in the SBC on the road, lose bad

@ UL Lafayette: the best team in the SBC, lose convincingly again

vs Idaho: Idaho is never good.  Could be a tougher game than fans think but App still wins and closes the season on a high note

So 7-5 (4-4)  would be ecstatic

9-3 next year btw

Posted

No analysis. But 9-3 sounds about right. Offense will be good and defense not so much.

Posted

I don't even know who my team is right now. Grown up a UCLA fan (had Hundley as my sig awhile ago if anyone remembers) and my dad's been a season ticket holder for 35 years (I've been to around 50 games at the Rose Bowl)

But, I'm transferring to USC as a junior lol. Bought my student tickets two weeks ago. I'll probably end up a USC fan, but I'm not going to be a UCLA hater.

UCLA: 11-1. I think they will finally beat Stanford at home late in the year, but I see them falling to one of Oregon or ASU, most likely Oregon, they always seem to have trouble slowing them down. @ UW will be a tough game as well, but I see them squeaking that one out.

USC:  10-2. Losses to Stanford and UCLA. Easier schedule than UCLA (no UW or Oregon).  I just don't see USC having the depth on both sides of the ball to beat UCLA. And considering the game is Nov 22nd injuries could come into play.  If USC's young O-line can gel, they have a chance at beating UCLA running the ball behind their talented backfield. I just don't see Kessler beating UCLA through the air. Also they'll have to be able to get pressure on Hundley I'm not sure they'll be able to do.