Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ECUPantherFan

Predict Your School's 2014 Record

38 posts in this topic

I live in Greenville, but i am a UNC fan, yea we have high hopes every year but it really is different this time. Fedora actually has two spread Qb's, thats what makes his offense flow, renner was holding us back. With ECU it's the same every year, you play up against bigger schools, WVU,UNC, NCSU but yet Can't win in that awful C-usa.

ECU had one of the best programs in CUSA history and outside of Clemson and FSU, CUSA has been pretty damn equal to the ACC.

Houston, USM, ECU, Tulsa, and UCF all had very tough teams in CUSA that competed at a very high level. Going forward it won't be since the best programs have left CUSA, but CUSA 1995-2012 was pretty damn good.

1 person likes this

I'll give it a go. 

Tennessee Volunteers 2014 (7-5)

Utah State (W): The Aggies were a solid team last year and probably would have beaten us, but they lose a ton of experience on both sides of the ball. This one will be uncomfortable, but the Vols find a way to get it done.

Arkansas State (W): Won their bowl game last year and are apparently a hot bed of future coaching talent. That being said, the Vols talent wins out in the end, but it's another close one. 

Oklahoma (L): I think this is an old fashioned drubbing. Oklahoma riding the high of beating the piss out of Bama and Stoops' weird vendetta against the SEC. Their talent wins out here.

Georgia (W): Murray is finally out at UGA. While they have a stellar backfield, I think the inexperience at QB and defense plays a huge factor and we lost the game by only an inch last season.

Florida (L): Because that's just what the Vols do against the Gators, no matter the scenario. The only bright spot is that it's in Neyland.

Chattanooga (W): Handily defeat the Mocs.

Ole Miss (L): I think this will be a great game, with young talent on display for both teams. I think Ole Miss slightly edges UT here. 

Alabama (L): Another year, another loss, but I see the series turning in our favor soon.

South Carolina (L): South Carolina wants vengeance for us ruining their championship run last season and the game being in Columbia will play a big factor. 

Kentucky (W): We own Kentucky in football. Look it up.

Missouri (W): The Vols get vengeance from last year's terrible performance.

Vanderbilt (W): Franklin is gone and Vandy is going back to being the Vandy of old. 

Improvement shown, a bowl game and the Vol faithful have hope for the future! 

1 person likes this

I live in Greenville, but i am a UNC fan, yea we have high hopes every year but it really is different this time. Fedora actually has two spread Qb's, thats what makes his offense flow, renner was holding us back. With ECU it's the same every year, you play up against bigger schools, WVU,UNC, NCSU but yet Can't win in that awful C-usa.

You are incredibly misinformed.

I'll give it a go. 

Tennessee Volunteers 2014 (7-5)

As long as we get to a bowl then I am good, my expectations are not too high either.

I hear the same stuff about UNC football every pre-season... yeah, UNC always gets high rated recruits, but it never amounts to anything. Carden and his supporting cast have only gotten better, and this game is at ECU. UNC will have to play a perfect game to win. This is the best ECU team in a LONG time, and UNC has a long way to go. UNC is the definition of doing less with more.

BUT... that's why they play the game.

ECU didn't even win the CUSA championship so how was last year their best year?

While in reality I think UNC will go 9-3 this could be their year to really tear it up. Nobody on our schedule is a for sure loss or even a probable loss. Most are tough matchups and easy wins.

ECU goes 10-2 again with its losses to all road game opponents @ S. Carolina,  @ Cincinnati (lose by <7 pts). They get 12 wins in the season with great bowl win. I'm hoping 11-1 but ECU somehow always manage 1 or more losses in the season that should have been a win. I'd even be pleased with 9-3

ECU goes 10-2 again with its losses to all road game opponents @ S. Carolina,  @ Cincinnati (lose by <7 pts). They get 12 wins in the season with great bowl win. I'm hoping 11-1 but ECU somehow always manage 1 or more losses in the season that should have been a win. I'd even be pleased with 9-3

LOL. 

While in reality I think UNC will go 9-3 this could be their year to really tear it up. Nobody on our schedule is a for sure loss or even a probable loss. Most are tough matchups and easy wins.

The key to UNC this year will be RB. They didn't have a RB last season and still won 8 games including a nice bowl win. TJ Logan is the guy to keep an eye on. I think 8-9 wins for UNC this year is a reasonable, non homer expectation. I just hope Fedora doesn't start doing that 2QB bullshit again with Mitch and Marquise. 

I honestly can't tell if you're saying ECU is going to lose all their road games, go 10-2, 11-1, or 9-3...

2 people like this