Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is pathetic

707 posts in this topic

Posted

I am being completely sincere, all jokes aside.. I want not just UNC, but every school to offer a proper education to everyone they take in.

I believe all schools do offer a proper education.

Now, ask me if I believe every college athlete takes advantage of that opportunity...

1. A top 10 high school b-ball player goes to a top 10 college b-ball program. My guess is he'll never take advantage of the educational opportunities afforded him.

2. A top-ranked high school women's field hockey player goes to a top-ranked collegiate field hockey team. My guess is she'll make the most of that opportunity given the fact there is little chance of a professional career in field hockey when she finishes college, graduating or not.

Posted

Risk/reward is called that for a reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

So, your first statement about it being questionable and possibly not being authenticated is a lie, then?

You are unequivocally stating this is no longer questionable? You are stating it has been authenticated?

As presented this paper is unequivocally a lie,yes.My statement was whether it was from an actual student but that doesn't change the lie of the representation of what this paper is.It could still be from an actual student but is presented as a lie.A partial truth doesn't change a lie.

Posted

While you state a fairly well known fact, athletic scholarships are still awarded to nearly every sport offered by the school, regardless of that sport's profitability. And while the vast majority of collegiate sports don't bring in money, they do come with a certain notoriety.

College hockey means nothing to anyone in the south, but don't you think perennial powerhouses such as North Dakota, Minnesota and a couple of others actually profit from a lengthy history of success?

No.

Posted

As presented this paper is unequivocally a lie,yes.My statement was whether it was from an actual student but that doesn't change the lie of the representation of what this paper is.It could still be from an actual student but is presented as a lie.A partial truth doesn't change a lie.

So, the question then becomes which lies does one accept or reject to either confirm or deny the entire premise of the subject, since you say the OP lied and I say you've also lied.

Posted

So, the question then becomes which lies does one accept or reject to either confirm or deny the entire premise of the subject, since you say the OP lied and I say you've also lied.

you cannot correctly restate what isaid so i guess we have a 3 way tie at the moment.

Posted

This is 100 percent true from the woman that used to work there.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/unc-tutor-reveals-10-sentence-term-paper-earned-football-player-a-phony-class-article-1.1737861

Protip: I don't post things that aren't legit. Not my job to convince you either. It took ten seconds to google a news source to someone else's liking when they could've done the same thing AND not look like a moron in the process.

GOOD JOB!

Posted

This clearly raises doubt about whether this is from an actual student or not.

Posted

My guess is that this paper was by a football player and not a basketball player. The only basketball player that was this stoopid was Tyler Hansbrough and I can't see him writing about Rosa Parks. So this thread is probably in the wrong sub forum.

Oh and #carolinaway.

Posted

You are getting caught up in semantics.  What we know from Willingham herself is this was a "draft" of a final paper for a unc athlete for a class.  That athlete got an "A" in that said class, now what you have to ask yourself is do you think a student that turns in a "draft" of a final paper like that could legitimately get an "A" in a college level class?  My 8 year old's project on Rosa Parks was better than that paper so could she get an "A" in this college class?

unc's problem has always been "let's just sweep it under the rug" instead of fixing the problem.  The cheating scandal has been going on for years but instead of fixing the problem they simply put their lawyers on it or hire someone in the family to do an "internal investigation".  unc needs to stop deflecting and clean up the program.

1 person likes this

Posted

You are getting caught up in semantics.  What we know form Willingham herself is this was a "draft" of a final paper for a unc athlete for a class.  That athlete got an "A" in that said class, now what you have to ask yourself is do you think a student that turns in a "draft" of a final paper like that could legitimately get an "A" in a college level class?  My 8 year old's project on Rosa Parks was better than that paper so could she get an "A" in this college class?

unc's problem has always been "let's just sweep it under the rug" instead of fixing the problem.  The cheating scandal has been going on for years but instead of fixing the problem they simply put their lawyers on it or hire someone in the family to do an "internal investigation".  unc needs to stop deflecting and clean up the program.

fug that we're trying to win sports games here.  SPORTS GAMES!!!!