138 replies to this topic

#121 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

I'm actually not mad, but keep thinking that...

#122 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

How many people have actually seen Lee play a game when he wasn't injured? Looking at stats is one thing but Lee is probably the most dynamic WR in all of the draft. If you are going to reply please actually respond to the first question

#123 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

How many people have actually seen Lee play a game when he wasn't injured? Looking at stats is one thing but Lee is probably the most dynamic WR in all of the draft. If you are going to reply please actually respond to the first question

Like I said earlier in the thread. If we went on 2012 stats alone some of these guys would be trashing Sammy Watkins. Using stats alone (especially from one third of a players career) to gauge a players worth is ridiculous.

#124 JerrichoScores

JerrichoScores

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

I agree.  Here's a good take on Marquise....

http://rotobahn.com/...ise-lee-wr-usc/

#125 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

if you think Lee has average speed because he ran a 4.52 at the combine, it is obvious you have never seen him play.

#126 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

But let us not use 1 player to paint a broader picture. Let's be honest. The best college WRs have difficulty translating to the pro game. Although it does/can happen. You just can't predict where it will happen. So...as most NFL teams are conservative by nature. Those reaches are far and few between.

Teams want starters. Especially the first two picks. You take who you trust in the first couple rounds. And hope you can hit it big it in the later rounds.

We are lucky in that we have a pretty good scouting staff. Led by Gman, we have some good talent evaluators. If last years draft repeats. We will find talent. Where that talent will play is the biggest concern around here.

Our FO put us in this situation to where we need to have sure fire starters in the first couple of rounds and that's the bad part, but we shouldn't pass up a guy like lee just because it's a possibility he won't dominate from day 1.

if the guy checks out physically he would be a very good pick at 28

#127 Biggdaddi1022

Biggdaddi1022

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

For you guys saying he is slow, please look at his , highlights he is fast and takes the top off of defenses , also he very shitfy and has YAC!

#128 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Lee would be a Godsend at 28.  He and Taylor Lewan are my "would take a miracle for them to drop to us but ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!" picks.

#129 Biggdaddi1022

Biggdaddi1022

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Lee would be a Godsend at 28.  He and Taylor Lewan are my "would take a miracle for them to drop to us but ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!" picks.

i agree!

#130 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Lee would be a Godsend at 28. He and Taylor Lewan are my "would take a miracle for them to drop to us but ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!" picks.

Kb, Obj, or Lee in the 1st would get me really excited.

#131 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

if you think Lee has average speed because he ran a 4.52 at the combine, it is obvious you have never seen him play.

Some people just don't understand there's a difference between speed in shorts and speed in pads.... sigh

By the way, Marqise ran a 200m in 22 seconds his Senior year of High School, but year he's slow....

That's on top of having a 25' long jump and being the final leg on the Trojans' 4x100m relay team that placed sixth nationally with a 40.93 in 2012....

#132 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

BkpAtflCYAId9Oz.jpg

#133 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

One of the best lines I've read this offseason was someone that said the difference between a 4.4 and 4.5. Go to the stopwatch app on your phone and try to click .10 of a second. That's the difference in what people perceive as "slower".

#134 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

let's be honest the 40 dash is the most overrated event at the combine.......especially for wr's

#135 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

let's be honest the 40 dash is the most overrated event at the combine.......especially for wr's

It really is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com