• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

Panthers Sign Avant to 1 Year Deal

When did I say you should ignore the defensive side of the ball? You guys think I'm the biggest WR supporter on the forum, but I'm firmly against double dipping at any position including WR. It's absolutely about maximizing your investment, let's not forget this is a business. Paying a game manager 100 million dollars is bad business and will handicap this team. You think we're cap strapped now, imagine this team with Cam make 20 million a year and not 5. You guys would be calling for his head with every little mistake.

Cam Newton is never a game manager. The difference between a playmaker and game manager isn't just defined in how many passing attempts a guy has.

Cam will never be a game manager. He is a playmaker

We've rented a 2nd veteran, proven receiver. That beats the ? guys we had last year in Ginn and Hixon in my book. Underwood's a ?, but 2 quality possession guys, along with Olsen, puts us in better shape than last year, and you shouldn't count on the draft to fill a bare WR cupboard. Gman has done a good FA job at this position if you ask me.

Cam Newton is never a game manager. The difference between a playmaker and game manager isn't just defined in how many passing attempts a guy has.

Cam will never be a game manager. He is a playmaker

He's a playmaker that we treat like a game manager.

He's a playmaker that we treat like a game manager.

A guy averaging @4,000 total yards and 30+ TDs over his first 3 years is not being treated as a game manager.

We use Cam in a variety of different ways including designed QB runs and read option plays to take advantage of his unique skill set.

Just because he doesn't always throw the ball 35 times doesnt mean he is being used as a game manager

A guy averaging @4,000 total yards and 30+ TDs over his first 3 years is not being treated as a game manager.

We use Cam in a variety of different ways including designed QB runs and read option plays to take advantage of his unique skill set.

Just because he doesn't always throw the ball 35 times doesnt mean he is being used as a game manager

He was seen as more of a game managers last year. Because the Defense was seen as the reason we won games.

Even thoe he had to carry this offense with perfect throws and scrambling magic in a lot of games.

His Wr Yac yards and Oline protection issues really were the problem why his numbers weren't as good as they should have been.

people saying cam doesn't need weapons baffle me, I know cam can play at a high level without top wrs but you want to maximize Cam's full potential.

having playmakers around him also will make his job easier, he shouldn't have to go in every game playing perfect

i like the signings these guys are more sure handed then lafell and ginn, but that's all i can say right now

Another Gettleman bargain deal.

@RavensInsider 9h

Jason Avant one-year Panthers deal: $1.05 million, $855,000 salary, $150,000 signing bonus, $45,000 workout bonus

By my count that knocks Melvin White out of the top 51 contracts (his hit is just under $500k), so the net cap hit is about $550k.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Carolina-Chuck10

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts