• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#166 CelticCat

CelticCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

We've sat thru some pretty bad QB's and as bad as some of them were I could sit thru it because they were young and had the potential to grow even if they truly never had or did. But I've never been so apathetic towards watching the Panthers as the time when Peete was the starter. I was just a bit embarrassed by the whole situation. The day Jake stepped in was so uplifting, and that was WAY before it looked like the playoffs were in reach.

#167 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

OP here...

For some crazy reason I forgot about David Carr.

The only time I ever BOOed the Panthers in BOA was when John Fox kept him in he game against the Saints (I think). He kept taking sacks, had turnovers, and couldn't move the ball....he was also wearing white Micky Mouse gloves that game. There was no way anyone could like the guy when he played for the Panthers. I remember watching a Mick Mixson special about him, and how he was clean cut, never cussed, and was a genuinely nice guy. The he went to the Giants, shaved his head and became "meaner"...I want to say he got his revenge against the Panthers after he left...who knows!

So I am bumping Clausen to #3, moving Naka to #2, and moving Carr to the #1 worst Panther to ever suit up.

#168 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

He was not drafted as a developmental prospect...we gave up a 2nd then used a 3rd on him...not even mentally handicapped GMs like Hurney do that for projects.

You're acting like he was a 7th rounder when in reality he was drafted in the rounds where starters are expected to come from. He was expected to win the return job and compete for WR time...he just can't play NFL football d2 is long ago.

Actually FCS is Division 1 sir. He was drafted in the rounds where he was expected to start because Hurney was played by the Patriots. Armanti should've been considered a developmental prospect for our offensive system, whether that was the case or not depends on who you ask. It was no fault of Armanti's that he was taken so high so I would expect that you open your eyes and realize this flub is on Hurney.

If you watched Armanti play in college then you knew what was going to happen in the NFL. As a quarterback, he had time to survey the defense and choose his path which is what he did as a return man. You also would notice his quickness to shoot gaps but the long distance runs were not going to be his best asset.

Everything was on tape and I watched nearly every college game he played. Hurney was at fault in this situation.

#169 Danimal

Danimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Garry Williams

#170 camycamcan

camycamcan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Remember when nakamura let roddy white catch it over him on like 3 and 15 in there own goal line

#171 Danimal

Danimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Remember when nakamura let roddy white catch it over him on like 3 and 15 in there own goal line

One of my worst days as a Panther fan.

#172 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

'The Gloves'

David Carr.

I tried to find a .gif of that flip he did...

#173 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Nobody mentioned DeShaun "150 percent more fumbles than touchdowns" Foster yet?

Dude had one good game a year (usually against Atlanta) and seemed to turn it up a notch in the playoffs. But the other games of the season.... he was the Jimmy Clausen of halfbacks.

#174 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,210 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

Donald Lafell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.