DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,641 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 1h

DE Kareem Martin (UNC), who is projected to go off the board in rounds 2-3, has pre-draft visits with the #Vikings, #Cowboys, and #Panthers.

6'5 272 athlete. i think he will be a much better pro then Kony Ealy, and could be had in the 2nd or 3rd. local guy, played at UNC and is from Roanoke Rapids, NC.

#2 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

We're looking at some pretty highly ranked defensive ends

#3 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

6'5 272 athlete. i think he will be a much better pro then Kony Ealy, and could be had in the 2nd or 3rd. local guy, played at UNC and is from Roanoke Rapids, NC.

I'll be in Lake Gaston this summer.

#4 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,790 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

We met with Hubbard who's sorta around the same projected range; like him a lot as well. Versatile pass rusher OLB/DE hybrid who fits a 4-3 base.    

#5 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

do not want in 2nd at all, and probably not the third.

#6 thomas96

thomas96

DIZZY

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

Anybody think these visits hint at a possible Hardy trade?  We would get numerous picks for him and use one of them on a guy like Ealy or Martin. Then the other to help with a position of need. Just a thought.

#7 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Anybody think these visits hint at a possible Hardy trade? We would get numerous picks for him and use one of them on a guy like Ealy or Martin. Then the other to help with a position of need. Just a thought.

No, I think it points more towards cutting CJ next year since his price tag will be large and he is aging.

#8 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

...or it just means that David Gettleman is doing his due diligence on players at every position to make an educated pick based on talent in each round. Especially with a heavier weight placed on DE's as he wants to have a great rotation because that is where he thinks games are won.

#9 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• ALL-PRO
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

No, I think it points more towards cutting CJ next year since his price tag will be large and he is aging.

He's 27, since when is that the age you start talking about someone as aging? Defensive ends play at an elite level well into the early 30s very often. He may be a cap casualty but he'll probably play at a top 10 level for at least 4 or 5 more years barring injury.

#10 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Went to high school with Kareem. Is a great run defender and is a pure athlete. Holds track records at my high school, was really good at basketball, and of course football. You let Eric Washington work on his pass rushing skills and I believe this kid will be a beast (I'm biased though).

With that being said I believe he'll go in the second round and with our needs I think we'll pass on Martin.

#11 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,562 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

We're looking at some pretty highly ranked defensive ends

G-Man covets pass rushing. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if we continued to collect DE and DT talent.

#12 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

G-Man covets pass rushing. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if we continued to collect DE and DT talent.

Neither would I, and I wouldn't mind either

#13 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

guys prepare thy anus for the Hardy trade on draft day.  its happening

#14 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,326 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

It's looking more and more like we will not reach a long term agreement with Hardy. I was thinking that Gettleman tagged him because he felt confident in reaching an agreement. Maybe that was the case but Hardy changed and liked the idea of making somewhere around13 million.

#15 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

after QB, #2 in terms of need/want is pass rushers. i heard some teams will reach for D, since O side is sooo deep. martin a BPA type of pick. doubt he makes it the second panther pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com