• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Legette, Panthers will draft Legette at #33

4 minutes ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

didn't butcher it like Roger

Goodell ought to be ashamed of himself. He was probably high. They'll never be able to use that clip in a oromo:  "With the 32nd pick in the 2024 NFL draft,the Carolina Panthers select Xavier Leejet..."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 4/24/2024 at 3:17 PM, Bear Hands said:

Daniel Jeremiah with more on him...(linked to the right time)

DJ echoes common concerns but also echoes high 2nd round being likely (It really seems like our liking of him isn't smoke).  Tough eval - muscled up and fast but two big concerns:

1-too tight to be able to run a full route tree 

2-blended in at the Senior Bowl, didn't jump out down there around other guys with NFL talent

He's not coming into the league to just plug in outside.  Needs plays in an environment tailored to him.   

This is what worries me. We fall in love with a guy. 6 QBs and Pearsall go in the first so there’s no run on WRs at the end of the 1st and we still get the guy we promised we would take.

We haven’t done well with taking guys we like who do not stand out at the combine drills or the Senior Bowl.

It doesn’t feel great to hear that evaluation now. I hadn’t seen that before. Oh well, still have a couple picks today but I feel like XL is a hope that he does well versus feeling like we got a stud who will excel no matter what.

8 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

This is what worries me. We fall in love with a guy. 6 QBs and Pearsall go in the first so there’s no run on WRs at the end of the 1st and we still get the guy we promised we would take.

We haven’t done well with taking guys we like who do not stand out at the combine drills or the Senior Bowl.

It doesn’t feel great to hear that evaluation now. I hadn’t seen that before. Oh well, still have a couple picks today but I feel like XL is a hope that he does well versus feeling like we got a stud who will excel no matter what.

I was fairly vocal with my concerns around him so it won’t be popular right now.

All we can do now is hope we’re proved wrong and balls out - after the pick on the AFS, Brugler mentioned he knew teams that had him as a third round guy.  He’s just limited right now with his upper body movement and ability to play outside against zone. If we’re in the redzone we can probably get him out there for jumps. Now that being said, I hope he kills it now that he’s here but  he’ll ease in with sweeps, motion, shallow crossers..he’s just not a plug in outside receiver.  Although to be fair, I don’t think that option was available if the team isn’t high on AD.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I was fairly vocal with my concerns around him so it won’t be popular right now.

All we can do now is hope we’re proved wrong and balls out - after the pick on the AFS, Brugler mentioned he knew teams that had him as a third round guy.  He’s just limited right now with his upper body movement and ability to play outside against zone. If we’re in the redzone we can probably get him out there for jumps. Now that being said, I hope he kills it now that he’s here but  he’ll ease in with sweeps, motion, shallow crossers..he’s just not a plug in outside receiver.  Although to be fair, I don’t think that option was available if the team isn’t high on AD.

Hopefully he does, just not super happy. With all those QBs and Pearsall/others, we had some cherry choices at 33/39. I think I would have preferred a CB considering guys who’d normally get a 1st round grade other years. As much as I wanted a WR, just not sold on XL so Id rather have taken surer options at CB, C and heck even LB.

It feels like we reached again just for Young and without our 1st this year and 2nd next year after trading CMC, Moore and Burns and losing some D players to FA, we can’t afford to take players with any limitations.

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

Goodell ought to be ashamed of himself. He was probably high. They'll never be able to use that clip in a oromo:  "With the 32nd pick in the 2024 NFL draft,the Carolina Panthers select Xavier Leejet..."

I legit think Goodell had to take some powerful drugs after Latham snatched him up like a rag doll. I guess he didn't get the memo about his back. 

• Beer 1