Regular season they are assigned to certain games.
What about pre-season? Does the home team use the officials that are assigned to their practices?
I thought there were quite a few ticky tack fouls that kept New England's drives alive. I know we got a few but not nearly enough.
For example that foul on Alexander was absolutely insane. He barely brushed the helmet.
And those PI calls were bad too. Both sides. If the NFL is going to call those like that this year. Someone is going to throw for 6000 yards. You can't even breathe on a WR with a foul.
We got our butts handed to us. And honestly the loss doesn't bother me at all. However, if they were NE practice officials it wouldn't surprise me if ole Cheater Bill didn't ask for a flag here and there so he could evaluate his offense more.
I don't have the concern I had at the beginning of camp. Granted they haven't faced real bullets but my feeling is they are performing against one of the best defenses in the league EVERY day. I think they shake the butterflies early and should perform against the Bills as they have in training camp.
1. KB is going to be the real deal. Cam is going to force success on KB, Only possible weakness getting off the line. Ricky will fix that.
2. Avant and Cotchery will be as good as advertised. I see two very good sure handed WRs being perfect compliments to KB.
3. Bersin at 6'3" and sure hands is another big target for Cam
4. King and Lucas (another big target) showing they can play. No way either of these two survive waivers to the Practice Squad
5. Philly Brown making a case to be the PR and be a future WR. Could Brown be the next Ginn? Brown was only .02 slower than Ginn. (I posted that once before after we signed him)
6. Pilares who is having a good preseason could be odd man out just because of the depth.
7. Underwood is finally waking up but Maybe too late.
Of the WR that are fighting for this team only McNutt seems to be playing his way off this team.
Take away Benji, Avant and Cotchery we have six quality receivers fighting for two or three spots.
What I love the most. Out of our top 4 or 5 receivers the word DROP is not mentioned too often. That translates to Cam having a higher completion rating and a higher QB rating.
I am very excited to see all of these guys perform.
My dream squad
Cotchery 6" 1"
Bersin 6' 3"
Lucas 6" 4"
KIng 6" 1"
I know the odds are low that we keep 6 unless one of these guys are a PR/KR but it is my list.
I was surprised that he didn't get a head coaching job. What I have always wondered was as a disciple of Jimmy Johnson will he do what he does best. Will he hang around and run a great defense forever or will he jump to be a head coach. There are some coaches that are better coordinators than head coaches.
I hope he stays a long time with Rivera but I think another top 5 defense and he will be gone.