Well, I don't want to be that guy either, but they're acknowledging that UNC has more resources. They are simply pointing out that despite all this "power" and "wealth" and "superiority" that UNC football has no recent BCS victories, no recent ACC titles, and a whole lotta trouble. Also, their most recent result against ECU was an absolute hammering at home, and no amount of NFL draft picks or "Carolina Way" is going to change that result.
You can talk about putting "little brother" in his place all you want but when you do it AFTER he ends up putting 55 on the board in your house don't expect anyone to take you seriously. In the words of Melvin Bratton, "If you don't want to see us dance, don't let us get in the endzone."
1. The whole "that guy" thing was knocking the UNC homers in here saying that it had been 2 wins out of 14 years. Really it's 2 for 6.
2. All of those things I listed are resources. I didn't say "Power" or "Superiority". Those are things that UNC thinks they have. In fact, that whole paragraph is explaining to you exactly that. If you think ECU doesn't want what UNC has then you must be high.
3. I can't imagine what Ruffin could do with the kind of pull UNC has. ECU does more with less.
4. In case you couldn't tell, I am an ECU fan. Maybe someone trying to stay objective on the subject seems like they don't know what they're talking about.
5. Yes, ECU handed UNC their ass last year and it was awesome. I still brag about it. But the only way ECU is going to get any respect is if they go off this year and destroy everything in their path.
I'm sorry but the entire premise of meatloaf is to make your meal go further with inexpensive ingredients. Cost effective and easy to make, filling too. We all know that peasant food is good food. Have you even seen Ratatouille?
For the record i'm not "dismissing" meatloaf as a peasant food. That's not the proper term. I'm merely classifying it.
Not to be that guy, but ECU/UNC restarted their series in 2007 and have played six times since then. ECU won 2 of those games (2/6).
As far as this hijacked thread goes, UNC has established wealth in all aspects from academia, athletics, alumni, money. ECU is a red headed step child. Hell it might always be a red headed step child. They prey on the leftovers of what other, more established, schools leave behind. What ECU wants is what UNC and other schools have. To argue that ECU is inferior to UNC is valid, but, if ECU can keep doing what its doing with McNeill and Co. anything is possible.
Even though you can find fans of the aforementioned teams all over the US in droves, most of their fans are born from a long standing family tradition passed down through the generations or from a family lineage that tie them to the home city. My scientific term for these fans is “asshole".
These two sentences sum up my thoughts of the NFL. Perfect. Thank you.