The only teams I'm remotely okay with Smith playing for are in the AFC. If he signs with Denver and reunites with Fox, gets to play with Peyton Manning...that's probably his best shot at a ring honestly.
Going to the Broncos could be a possibility. He could slot in and be productive with Peyton, and it would help his game since he wouldn't be the most covered receiver as they have Welker, Thomas (WR), and Thomas (TE) likely on the field. So it could be a good reunion with Fox, and could get Smith a ring.
Other alternatives include:
- Ravens, they have a lot of cap space and Flacco could use a solid veteran receiver. He could be a nice addition for them.
- Patriots, while it pains me to suggest this one, I think Smith does fit the bill for what the Pats go for. He could slot in nicely into their scheme and have a very good chance at winning a ring.
- Colts, they want to win. They have a speedster in Hilton, a productive veteran in Wayne, so perhaps Smith going to the Colts could give him the chance to play a role on a Super Bowl contender?
- Chargers, not sure how they are for cap space, but they might end up losing Denario Alexander and Michael Floyd, so they could use a receiver like Smith to slot in alongside Keenan Allen. Smith is a California native so a return there might appeal. He would get to work an elite quarterback as well.
- Lions, like the Chargers I don't know how they are for cap space, but they could use proven player to go alongside Megatron. They are a pass heavy team and Smith could see significant usage.
- Cowboys, might not have the space but if they release Miles Austin [which looks likely], then they could use a proven veteran like Smith. Slot him in alongside Bryant, Williams, and Witten and that would give Romo the weapons to make the play offs.
- Buccaneers, they have a good 1-2 combination in Jackson and Williams, but they could use a proven productive receiver like Smith. They could line up Jackson and Williams either side, with Smith in the slot. I would hate for this scenario, but I think of all the teams in our division, they would be the most likely.
- Seahawks, he could go chase a ring with the current super bowl champs. They could end up losing Golden Tate, and they have already released Sidney Rice. So perhaps a useful veteran like Smith could be an option for them?
Personally I think Smith will have a number of offers to consider. Our loss, another teams gain.