Jump to content

Mr. Scot

Member Since 25 Nov 2008
Last Active Private
***--

#3336409 New look for Norwell

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 02:00 PM

Captured in the latest 'Panthers Insider' video on the site: Rebuilding the blind side

 

Attached File  Norwell.png   1.15MB   135 downloads

 

Clip can also be seen as part of a story by Bryan Strickland on Michael Oher: Oher looking to have a great year

 

Kinda sad to see Norwell drop the 'caveman' look.

 

In other minor news, Jason Trusnik has been given Chase Blackburn's old number (93) but Charles Tillman still has no number assigned (which makes me think he's trying to get the #33 from Tre Boston).

 

 




#3336313 ESPN Live Mock Draft at 1pm

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 01:15 PM

Some of us like the pick.  Others absolutely hate it.  And the coverage went to commercial as we were about to pick.

 

This might be the most true to life mock draft I've ever seen.

 

 




#3336292 ESPN Live Mock Draft at 1pm

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 01:10 PM

supporting his own article, but he's not BPA given who's left.

 

Zod doesn't think the Panthers rate Collins as a first rounder.

 

Or were you thinking of someone else?




#3336277 ESPN Live Mock Draft at 1pm

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 01:08 PM

I'd take that.




#3336221 ESPN Live Mock Draft at 1pm

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 01:00 PM

I hate that this is entertaining.

 

It is, isn't it? :lol:

 

Gotta admit I'm lovin' this.
 




#3336107 ESPN Live Mock Draft at 1pm

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 12:31 PM

Browns go with Danny Shelton at 12.

 

Makes too much sense.  No way it'll happen.
 




#3336093 ESPN Live Mock Draft at 1pm

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 12:28 PM

What is the history of accuracy of this thing? Why are y'all so interested? Don't answer that. It has to be a way to kill some time before the real thing.

 

Unknown.

 

I like the format of having reporters who actually cover the team making individual picks as opposed to one guy making the pick for every team, though.
 




#3335948 Dorial Green-Beckham

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 11:03 AM

Yeah because one incident of DV makes you a woman beater.......gtfo


Pretty sure one incident of murder makes you a murderer and one incident of rape makes you a rapist.

Funny how that works, huh?

But hey, let's wait till somebody hits a woman at least three times before we start accusing him of being a woman beater. That's fair, right?

(just when I think the posts on here couldn't possibly get any dumber...)


#3335852 Dorial Green-Beckham

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 09:55 AM

key word. Hey fidel cash flow I saw you push a woman down a flight of stairs... uh oh now you allegedly pushed a woman down a flight of stairs


Says the guy who posted "free Hernandez" :wacko:


#3335824 Panthers and Lying Season

Posted by Mr. Scot on Today, 09:39 AM

Do people actually think Star's heart issue was fabricated? Because that was very real. You don't get sent home from the combine because of a fabricated rumor and I'd imagine that he probably wouldn't like it for people to think one of the scariest moments of his life was something made up to trash his draft stock. His entire career probably flashed before his eyes when that EKG test came back.


Absolutely not fabricated.

Could its severity have been exaggerated in pre-draft chatter, though?

Definitely possible.


#3334436 We can throw away the idea that we are drafting an offensive lineman in the f...

Posted by Mr. Scot on 25 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

80 posts in and I don't have a clue why we would throw out this "idea".

 

A possibility is still a possibility. 

 

Taking a look at another 'idea' the OP posted might help you understand a little better.

 

(link)




#3334156 The Panthers are a candidate to trade up for Andrus Peat, DJ Humphries or Ced...

Posted by Mr. Scot on 25 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

isn't there pretty credible intel that the panthers don't like humphries at all

 

Does credible intel even exist less than a week before the draft?




#3333976 The chosen one is returning to the NFL

Posted by Mr. Scot on 25 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

I feel like there should be a thread about this. Why would Sanchez come out and say this? How old is Sanchez? Terrible.

 

I don't think it's thread worthy.  Amusing though.

 

While I'm no Teb0w fan, Captain Buttfumble looking down on anybody is worthy of a chuckle.

 

And yeah, this really is the sort of thing the team would probably rather you not say to the press.
 




#3333975 read this you manchildren and apply it to everything in your life

Posted by Mr. Scot on 25 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

Warning:  The below contains a little bit of math.  

 

I think the point they're trying to make is that there's an edge to having more draft picks but once you start thinking about it realistically it's common sense.    

 

/Begin Math

 

I'll use an oversimplified example with numbers I'm pulling out of my ass no where.    I'm not saying this is realistic by anymeans but should help illustrate the point.  

 

A first rounder has a 50% chance of being a stud and 50% chance of being a bust.

A second rounder has 40/60. 

A third rounder has 30/70.

 

A situation arises where you can trade your first rounder for two thirds.  What do you do?

 

Stick with the first, you have a 50/50 shot at coming out with something decent.  

Take the trade:  You have a  .3 * .3 = 9% chance of both becoming studs, a 2=  * .7 * .3 42% chance of one being a stud and .7 * .7 = 49% chance of both busting.  You have a 51% shot at a favorable outcome.  

 

In this oversimplified example from a math standpoint, two third rounders are better than a first.  But really?  

 
/End Math

 

You start taking into account all the other things to consider (variables) like team needs, coaching, age, previous injuries, combine performance, game film, level of talent in the draft at that position, potential future salary and so many others (scheme fit, work ethic, attitude, football intelligence) and I think their point goes out the window.  

 

Now what they're trying to say is that everyone overestimates their ability to evaluate those variables and that everyone's talent at evaluating those variables is pretty much the same?  That's laughable.  

 

To say that chance or luck is the biggest impact on the success of a draft is borderline crazy talk.  Does it have a lot of impact?  Yes.  Is it the only reason the Browns or Jaguars are out of super bowl conversations by week 3?  I'll let you answer that.  

 

These math geeks They probably did a whole bunch of unnecessary analysis to tell us something we already know.  More draft picks = more opportunities for good players.  Less draft picks = less opportunities for good players.  

 

Nice post.

 

Thinking you can win at the draft using math is a lot like thinking you can become a poker champ by playing the odds.

 

Real world poker champions will tell you they don't play the cards, they play people.  And an NFL scout or personnel guy would tell you the same thing.

 

There's no stat or formula in the world that can tell you how a college kid is going to transition to being a paid professional with freedom and money.  Part of a GMs job is knowing which of those guys will grow up and which will wash out.

 

It's certainly not an exact science, but the reality is some people are indeed better at it than others.
 




#3333864 General Draft Prospect Talk

Posted by Mr. Scot on 25 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

A bit of bad timing for Jalen Collins...

 

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Report: LSU cornerback has multiple failed drug tests http://wp.me/p14QSB-9L2z

 

 

(to be clear this is Jalen Collins, corner from LSU; not Jaelen Strong, the receiver from Arizona State)