CAM: Meet some players, met with OC/HC/QBcoach. Meeting got cut short. Got playbook first. Looking at playbook this morning.
How are you preping during lockout? Working out, like before draft, cant sit around, lots of things he can be doing, studying at night.
Transition from college to pro styles bigginest challenge Preperation, offense wasn't as simple as people like to think at AU. Knows he will have to put in a lot of study and such.
Verbage question (gruden special reference) how hard to learn. No worried about that, Not every play is 100 words long, lost end.
Critizim about your game bother you ? Not at all, everyone has a job, my job to be best I can be, blah blah
Talking about him running being a problem. Mentality is to move football. Manage the game and keep chains moving, in whatever way is availible. Basically QB needs to keep chains going, I go through progressions, I run when I need to run.
Question about what was best part and hardest part of year. Best part was success (winning/heisman/etc). Thanks God. Hardest was NCAA problems, people questioning his off the field questions. Really bothered him. Only problem he reallyhad was a FLA, nothing since then. Stood with his family and friends. Likes Panthers A LOT, excited to get started. (paraphrased a lot).
1) You are not smarter than an NFL front office. Remember that.
2) If a player is falling that is fits a need, DO NOT SPEAK OF IT. You can say, "he"falling, or "someone" is falling, but DO NOT post "Jonny McWinPants is still there!" 10 picks before us.Someone will take him and I will ban you.
3) Stay in the draft thread/chat/etc with your OMFG HOW CAN WE TAKE THIS NEWB. I will make forum reaction threads as the draft goes on so you can post your mental vomit for all to see.
4) Be drunk for the draft. It will be much easier to handle. I suggest a sip for every mention of "upside" and "character".
6) Didn't someone set up an IIRC chat during the season ? Zod spends his money on ass lube and cre'ps so our chat will be down most likely.