God this infuriates me and I hope it does the team also. How did this all happen? I mean, what made this so big? A video of RAY RICE hitting his fiancé came out and all the sudden domestic abuse is a bigger topic then a virus that has killed 2500 people, a terrorist group who has executed 2 Americans and a UK man, and a nuclear rich country with strong tensions against our country.
I swear people get dumber by the day, and I wish all the nosy people would let the family handle the situation in private. It's no one else's business but them, and the police if necessary.
Some retard on the ESPN comment page said "Hardy threatened to kill his girlfriend and would have had she testified". I swear people are so fuging stupid and self-righteous now it's insane and I can't help getting pissed off about it. I wish we could just watch and hear about football instead of Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Greg Hardy's personal lives.
A few facts for you about this worthless topic of domestic abuse, a topic that just needs to be kept in the family, kept private:
- In the United States, researchers estimate the 40 percent to 70 percent of female murder victims were killed by their husbands or boyfriends, frequently in the context of an ongoing abusive relationship.
- According to the FBI, a woman is battered every 15 seconds.
- 2 million to 4 million American women are abused each year.
- White, Black, Hispanic & Non-Hispanic women have equivalent rates of violence committed by intimate partners.
- Nearly 1/2 of men who abuse their female partners, also abuse their children.
- Up to 50% of homeless women and children in this country are fleeing domestic violence.
- Studies show that women face the greatest risk of assault when they leave or threaten to leave their partners, or report the abuse to authorities.