Looking over the Carolina Panthers Rewards social media contesting thing (you know, where you connect your social media accounts up to your Panthers.com account, then earn points for pimping out the Panthers to all your Social Media buddies)?
Here's the "How to Earn Points" breakdown:
- 500pts - Earn points for connecting your Twitter account
- 500pts - Follow our official Instagram profile
- 500pts - Earn points for connecting your Instagram account
- 500pts - Earn points for connecting your Facebook account
- 300pts (1 / day max) - Follow the Panthers on Foursquare
- 70pts (4 / day max) - Post a tweet with an approved hashtag
- 50pts (2 / day max) - Like a photo on our official Instagram page
- 25pts (1 / day max) - Install the official mobile app
- 25pts (5 / day ) - Repinned a pin from an official Pinterest board
- 25pts (2 / day max) - Comment on a photo on one of our official Instagram pages
- 20pts (7 / day max) - Retweet our official Twitter account
- 20pts (5 / day max) - Like something from our official Facebook page
- 10pts (5 / day max) - Liked a pin from an official Pinterest board
And once you earn points, you can cash them in, like for a Signed LUKE jersey for 125k points.
125,000 points? That should be possible, right?
Not so much.
According to the chart, after earning the 2000 obligatory "connecting" points, you can only earn a maximum of 1,170 pts per day if you do everything else they have listed (and frankly, you shouldn't get daily points for installing the official mobile app or following on FourSquare - that's just bonkers.... and it's no longer called FourSquare, so that's bogus right there)
So let's say you do everything, every day.
It will take you 100 days of farting around on social media in order to "earn" that LUKE jersey.
WTF? Is that really worth the time and effort to piss off your friends and family like that? You've got to be kidding me.