In honor of David Letterman's last show last night, I decided to made a thread listing the Top 10 Huddle-isms for all those long-time Huddlers and some of the new guys who need to 'Read Up, Son'.. These are words, names or sayings that when spoken in normal conversation fly over any normal person's head, but when mentioned to a TRUE Huddler will take them to a dark place most would never speak of OR a hilarious memory that will live on forever. So without further ado, I give you the Huddle Top 10....................
First I will list some that just didn't make the cut:
"Picked a bad day to have a bad day" - a saying that will live on in infamy
Keep Pounding - Panthers Motto, coined by the late, great Sam Mills
X-Clown - Not really Huddle related, but a Panther must-know. Referenced on the Huddle many times.
Fua - Fua you!
"89-Bottom Line" - becasue Steve Smith said so..
White Gloves - you should wear them when driving a proper Carr
"Ice Up, Son" - another incredibly awesome postgame quote from the man himself
"Yeah, but can he play LT?" - we still see this one used often
AND NOW FOR THE LIST:
10. The Golden Calf of Bristol - I'm going to let auto correct, correct this name
9. Pickles - Over time, there are some great nicknames created for players and some bad ones- AND some great ones for being bad. This is the best nickname for all the wrong reasons.
8. "It is what it is" - Normal people might use this cliche in conversation today. But a True Huddler knows what is invoked when uttering these 5 simple words..
7. All Hail, Zod - Newer members might know him as a devious-horrid-villan from the Spuerman Movie/Comics. Huddlers just know him as a devious-horrid-villan.
6. Kittens - the table scraps thrown to the dogs by the devious-horris-villan.
5. #StillListening - Only the strong minded can claim they are #stilllistening
4. BDJS - I think by now, we are all BDJS. Amirite?
3. Tommy Jone - A lesser known surgery performed by only the top surgeons in the country.
2. Pink flaps - From the all time best thread ever created on the Huddle
1. Pie! - The Greatest!
I am 100% sure I have missed some important ones, but feel free to list the ones I skipped over or make you own Top 10