Jump to content


carpanfan96

Member Since 29 Nov 2008
Offline Last Active Today, 10:40 PM
-----

#2739757 Cats vs Hawks 4/14

Posted by carpanfan96 on 15 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

I understand the system. But that defensive specialist STILL needs to be somewhat of an offensive threat. Otherwise, they are playing 5 against 4 when we are on offense.

MKG needs to develop at least a marginal offensive game.

. My phone posted a half way done post, I was getting at the fact that it doesn't mean the player has to be completely limited offensively, but still be a defensive stopper.

Hopefully MKG can fix his shot an develop a reliable jumpshot .


#2739650 Honestly, could this team pull one off the biggest upsets in history?

Posted by carpanfan96 on 15 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

Big Al would absolutely abuse LeBron.

This whole "LeBron can guard all 5 positions" garbage ESPN has spewed for years is comical and seems to have rubbed off on casual fans. LeBron cannot guard point guards. LeBron cannot guard centers.


Have you already forgot about Miami putting James on Parker in the finals last year???

Or how about James shutting down Rose a few years ago???

Lebron has proved he can guard point guards, he's guarded Gasol and other centers before as well, but it's a more debatable point.


#2739530 Honestly, could this team pull one off the biggest upsets in history?

Posted by carpanfan96 on 14 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

LBJ can defend and shut down Al if it's needed.

Charlotte doesn't have much of a chance at a win much less 4 out of 7.

We have no one that can stop Bosh or Wade consistently... Much less James.

Bosh is the worst possible matchup defensively for Jefferson.


#2739529 Cats vs Hawks 4/14

Posted by carpanfan96 on 14 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Honestly both of you guys are right. But MKG has to develop some sort of offensive game so he can play 30 minutes a game. Right now he isn't getting the minutes because he is such a liability on offense. But you are right that he is the defensive catalyst for this team and we are 10x better defensively when he is on the court.


I'm just saying if you replace him, it's got to be a player that can fill his role defensively so the defense isn't horrendous.

It can't be a offensive strong, defensively limited player like Hayward. Who isn't a very good perimeter defender. That's all I'm getting at, you just can't replace him with a shooter.


#2739512 Cats vs Hawks 4/14

Posted by carpanfan96 on 14 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Being that much of an offensive liability totally changes the way a team can game plan their D for the Bobcats. We can't have a SF who hasn't attempted a 3 since January and is shooting 11% from that range.

Only reay two options with Jefferson in the lineup. Play MKG or go after Deng, James or a similar elite level defender. Not many Sf elite defenders In the NBA that would even be a FA the next two years.

Or play a horrible defensive lineup that can't stop the p&r and gives up 112-114 a game.

Either that or scrap Zeller being a starter the next two seasons and getting a defensive stopper at PF that can move like a Sf... Not anyone but James in this category either.

I'll keep saying this, but MKG literally holds the defense together and has twice has much responsibility of any other player defensively.

If you replace him, you need a sf that can defend at that level if the system and Jeffersoncontinue to be in place and there just isn't many options.


#2738077 So whats the plan moving forward?

Posted by carpanfan96 on 13 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

I just have a gut feeling this is what's going to happen lol.

We're going to go after Melo, he's going to stay in NY, then we're going to overpay for Rudy.


Yuck.

Look at Raptors, with Gay = horrible team. With out = playoff team. At least the Hornets will have some good lottery picks the next 2-3 years and will be fun to play with on NBA 2k. Lol


#2738056 Number One Receiver vs Two Tight End Sets

Posted by carpanfan96 on 13 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

More yardage doesn't equal better. That's like saying Te'o is a great LB just because he got more interceptions than Luke. Niklas plays for Notre Dame. All of their prospects appear impressive until they square off against the bigger competition.

You say look at his stats, okay. I watched him play good defenses in Michigan State and Stanford and he was nowhere to be seen. I didn't watch much of him after that. Thus why he's not being viewed as a Top 3 TE in all circles. Stats and size are nice but... again... he played for Notre Dame. Like they warn for soccer jerseys, careful while measuring because you're gonna end up with a medium instead of a large.


You wouldn't have seen him make many catches against most teams, ND used him mostly has an inline blocker. He didn't have a ton of opportunities to catch the ball. He was asked to dominate the LOS for ND. He can catch though and is extremely aggressive. He caught 2-3, passes in most games.


He's basically a LT who plays TE, but has the speed to stretch the defense an attack the seem. Helps the team run 2 TE sets and helps the tackles on the team with blocking. It's a win-win-win situation.


#2733799 DRAFT SPECULATION/NEWS THREAD

Posted by carpanfan96 on 09 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

I wanted him to wait and maybe get him with the Detroit pick.:(


We would have never got him with it, remember Smith is going to start taking great shots and they will get a top 10 draft pick with a new GM. Maybe the pick will be in the 20's. We can hope!!!


#2732945 Max Henson lists our top pick in the latest mocks ('6.0'): NFL.com vs...

Posted by carpanfan96 on 09 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

He makes a ton of sense if his knees pass with the teams doctors. If not, I probably wouldn't draft him till late second- third round.


#2729533 We need to promote Big Al for 1st team All NBA.

Posted by carpanfan96 on 06 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

The team is doing a good job of promoting him at least.


Yes they are and he deserves first team, but I'll be pissed if he doesn't at least land. 2nd team, even though I'm not expecting him too .


#2729303 We need to promote Big Al for 1st team All NBA.

Posted by carpanfan96 on 06 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

I know there are a couple of guys that do great highlight vids in the main forum. If only I could comvince one of them to do a 30 sec. Al spot, followed by a scrawling stat comparison...

I can't bear the thought of Dwight Howard or Bosh getting the credit over Al.


There's a 90% chance that Howard gets it, a 7% chance Bosh gets it and a slight 3% chance that Big Al get all NBA third team.

Of course he should be first team.


#2728329 Bobcats vs Cavs 4/5

Posted by carpanfan96 on 05 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

This game is ugly


#2728304 Bobcats vs Cavs 4/5

Posted by carpanfan96 on 05 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Bobcats look horrible offensively. Still a close game though


#2728140 NBA Executives Believe Gasol May Land In Charlotte

Posted by carpanfan96 on 05 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

honestly zeller will never be a star. this years draft was just horrible. move along he could be solid but i dont ever see him being a great player


No he won't, but he has the athleticism and skill set to develop into a 14-16ppg and 10 rpg guy.


#2728083 Big Al's Paint

Posted by carpanfan96 on 05 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hilarious. Great website

Also espn ranked NBA head coaches and had Clifford at 9th overall.




Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.