1. OT Jake Fisher, Oregon
2. LB Shaq Thompson, Washington
3. WR Rashad Greene, FSU
4. RB Josh Robinson, Mississippi State (not a fan of this pick, would go OT Chaz Green, Florida, available on his board)
5. WR Vince Mayle, Washington State
5. DE Za'Darius Smith, Kentucky
5. TE Blake Bell, Oklahoma (don't like this pick either, would go RB Matt Jones, Florida, or DT Gabe Wright, Auburn, both available on his board)
6. S Derron Smith, Fresno State
7. WR Austin Hill, Arizona (craziness to pick a third WR here IMO, would pick a CB like Jacorey Shepherd, Kansas, here or a speed-back/kick-returner like RB Corey Grant, Auburn)
1. The WR on the team with the most yards receiving in 2014 was chosen as the #1 WR on the team.
2. If the yardage between two WRs was within 20-30 yards of one another, the WR with the most TDs was prioritized.
3. The numbers in the parentheses correspond to the following: (Round Drafted-Overall Pick, Year Drafted)
4. If the WR was an undrafted free agent ("U"), for statistical purposes that was considered the 8th round.
5. If the WR was an undrafted free agent, the Overall Pick was determined by adding 1 to the last overall pick of the year he was signed. For example, in 2010 the last player drafted was with the 255th pick. Undrafted free agents from that year would then be assigned an Overall Pick of 256.
6. Listed for each them is their #1 WR followed by their #2 WR.
7. Year Drafted was supplied only for informational purposes and has nothing to do with the statistical analysis. I decided to provide that information in case anyone wants to check my data.
8. Average Round Chosen and Average Draft Position were determined by simple addition followed by division to determine the numerical average. The Rounds Drafted were all added for a total subsequently divided by 32 (players) for the Average Round Drafted. The Overall PIcks were all added for a total subsequently divided by 32 (players) for the Average Overall Pick. For the Combined statistics, the totals were divided by 64 (players).
Here are the teams #1 and #2 WRs listed in alphabetic team order:
1. Arizona - Larry Fitzgerald (1-3, 2004), Michael Floyd (1-13, 2012)
2. Atlanta - Julio Jones (1-6, 2011), Roddy White (1-27, 2005)
3. Baltimore - Steve Smith (3-74, 2001), Marlon Brown (U-255, 2013)
I like pretty much every pick except for the TE pick in the 5th round. The only way I'd pick a TE in this draft is if Devin Funchess from Michigan happened to drop all the way to our pick in the 3rd round (or lower). And I don't mind a RB pick in the 4th round, but not a huge fan of Robinson.
I *DO* like the idea of making multiple picks on the OL in this draft to develop young, quality depth (and, in Ogbuehi's case, a future starter).