Carolina Huddle

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I weep for the QB trying to figure out how to feed 3 Smiths lol. ”They can’t cover me!” ”No, they can’t cover me!” ”They can’t cover ME!”
  3. If the Panthers are 6-2 again after 8 games which would include wins over the Titans and 49ers (possible, but not probable), many people are going to start thinking about the last half of 2018. You'll even see the national media talking about it.
  4. yeah but none of y'all are taking into consideration that cam had torrey smith to start the season. cam would have been nothing without the 5 million dollar man making those 2 important catches over 6 games. nuttin i tell ya. the real reason the season went downhill was benching torrey. do y'all even football man. i've forgotten more about torrey smith that any of y'all even remember.
  5. One of the three: Greene/White/Peppers with our D would be spicy. Smitty hands down would suck the soul out of opposing defenses. Evan Mathis, hopefully Daley will be the next version of him. Chris Gamble paired with Bradberry would be a sweet combo.
  6. Pendleton: KC @ DEN: KC SF @ WAS: SF AZ @ NYG: AZ HOU @ IND: HOU OAK @ GB: GB MIN @ DET: DET JAX @ CIN: JAX BUF @ MIA: BUF LAR @ ATL: LAR LAC @ TEN: LAC BAL @ SEA: SEA NO @ CHI: CHI PHI @ DAL: DAL, 50 pts NE @ NYJ: NE, 55 pts
  7. Me: KC @ DEN: KC SF @ WAS: SF AZ @ NYG: NYG HOU @ IND: HOU OAK @ GB: GB MIN @ DET: MIN JAX @ CIN: JAX BUF @ MIA: BUF LAR @ ATL: LAR LAC @ TEN: TEN BAL @ SEA: SEA NO @ CHI: NO PHI @ DAL: PHI, 50 pts NE @ NYJ: NE, 55 pts
  8. the worst to me are the guys who did their best to be fiscally responsible and got real bad advice on financial advisers who robbed them blind. this is the saddest frikkin thing and a few years in a federal pen is no where near justice. i would support the death penalty in these cases, but you know how it is with white collar crime. go to the pen, get better at it
  9. Are we talking about if we could add them to this team right now? Steve Smith is always the obvious answer so I’ll exclude him. Based on need id go. 1. Cam Newton 2. Mike Minter 3. Mushin Muhammad 4. Jonathan Stewart 5. Michael Bates
  10. my Cam stance has never changed. I wanted us to draft Cam. And the condition was, if we draft him....we let him be Cam. If we didn't, I didn't want him. That meant he wasn't going to be Brady playing until he was 40. I still want Cam. Want him back this year. But I only want Cam back if he is Cam. Cam is the greatest mismatch in NFL history when allowed to be Cam. That is what has always made him great. He doesn't have to be half the run game. But he does have to be the mismatch when it presents itself. I got no interest in a Cam that doesn't run. Price tag isn't worth that dude. Because he isn't bringing the mismatch that makes him unique.
  11. Sports options aren't based on truth it has more to do with What team, player or city " I "like the most "I " will bend , ignore and not except any truths that makes my likes look bad
  12. Looking at the games criticizing Cam's performance doesn't exactly help the case presented when the opposing QBs performance is taken into consideration as well. vs. DAL Cam: 17/26 (65%), 161 passing yds (9.5yd avg), 13 carries, 58 rushing yards (4.5yd avg), 1 rushing TD [219 total yards, 1 TD] Dak: 19/29 (59%), 170 passing yds (8.9yd avg), 5 carries, 19 rushing yds (3.8yd avg) [189 total yards, 0 TDs] vs. ATL Cam: 32/45 (71%), 335 passing yds (10.5yd avg), 3 passing TDs, 1 INT, 5 carries, 42 rushing yds (8.4yd avg) [377 total yards, 3 TDs] Matt: 23/28 (82%), 272 passing yds (11.8yd avg), 2 passing TDs, 1INT, 4 carries, 18 rushing yds (4.5yd avg), 2 rushing TDs [290 total yards, 4 TDs] vs. NYG Cam: 21/35 (60%), 237 passing yds (11.3yd avg), 2 passing TDs, 2 INTs, 8 carries, 29 rushing yds (3.8yd avg) [266 total yards, 2 TDs] Eli: 22/36 (61%), 326 passing yds (14.8yd avg), 2 passing TDs, 2 INTs, 1 carry, 2 rushing yds (2yd avg) [328 total yards, 2 TDs] vs. WAS Cam: 27/40 (68%), 275 passing yds (10.2yd avg), 2 passing TDs, 1 INT, 9 carries, 43 rushing yds (4.8yd avg) [318 total yards, 2 TDs] Smith: 21/36 (58%), 163 passing yds (7.8yd avg), 2 passing TDs, 6 carries, 13 rushing yds (2.2yd avg) [176 total yards, 2 TDs] vs. PHI Cam: 25/39 (64%), 269 passing yds (10.8yd avg), 2 passing TDs, 7 carries, 49 rushing yds (7yd avg) [318 total yards, 2 TDs] Wentz: 30/37 81%), 310 passing yds (10.3yd avg), 2 passing TDs, 3 carries, 3 rushing yds (1yd avg) [313 total yards, 2 TDs] Combined Cam: 122/185 (66%), 1277 passing yds (10.5yd avg), 9 passing TDs, 4 INTs, 42 carries, 221 rushing yds (5.3yd avg), 1 rushing TDs [1498 total yards, 10 TDs] Opp: 115/166 (69%), 1241 passing yds (10.8yd avg), 8 passing TDs, 3 INTs, 19 carries, 55 rushing yds (2.9yd avg), 2 rushing TDs [1296 total yards, 10 TDs] I wonder if OP and other folks campaigning against Cam will ever hold other QBs to the same standard they they hold Cam to. We look at only his passing numbers and not his rushing numbers? Do we disregard CMC's receiving yards despite being an RB? No? Then why are there still people that view the QB as a one dimensional position Carson Wentz didn't have to deal with any of this, and he hasn't won a SB either. That was Nick Foles. People talmbout pay Dak and Matt Ryan is a top 10 QB. Yet, Cam shouldn't start when healthy over Kyle Allen? C'mon y'all. Be better.
  13. I still wish people would stop blaming the TJ Watt hit for his injury. He was already injured well before that. Look at his stats for the 4 games after the Steelers game. He was averaging nearly 300 yards and close to 70% passing. The difference is that he started throwing interceptions. It’s not that he got injured. That’s just when opposing defenses realized how injured he actually was and had no need to account for the deep ball.
  14. Well, that sucked. Gave up after 1st. I couldn't hang, 5 am comes early.
  15. Unrelated but looking at Cams overall stats that 2016 dropoff is so mindblowing. Dude went from the best player in the league in 2015 to a bottom 5 QB in 2016.
  16. So had 1 Kyle Allen game managing game Had 1 A/C game while still completing over 70% of his passes throwing over 300 yards carried the to the win while the defense got gashed by Ridley and Coleman (over 100 yards rushing). Dam so if thats a C, guess you give 1 QB 1-2 A's a entire season 2 MVP style games (1 vs the #1 defense in the league) 1 where he picked up the team and carried the team on his back to get a 4th quarter win His worst game was the Josh Norman payback game. And anyone who watched that game can attest that the loss was on Moore with all those fumbles. That was his WORST game, completing 67.5 % of his passes that game and QBR of 93. Compare that to Allen's game vs Jax where he completed 56% of his passes and 85.6 and Allen's last game completing 62% with a 104 rating Allen has played great But people have short term memory and want to erase all things Cam Newton out of their mind and forget how good he was even just Last year under new OC Norv Turner prior to injury
  17. This fanbase is like partisan politics...there are gonna be ~20-30% on each end of the aisle who are gonna support their candidate (i.e. QB) regardless of any circumstances or empirical data and deflect that negativity by making excuses. Everyone else falls somewhere in between and are a bit more rooted in reality.
  18. I think Drew Lock is there guy next season
  19. Just met a met guy from N.O. costing Charleston Told me he hopes Cam "gets his head on straight" because is a really good QB I think it's the first Saints fan Ive met that actually said something good about Cam
  1. Load more activity

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TKurf