Carolina Huddle

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I have no problem with Reid ripping the NFL (objectively speaking, he's right). I also support his decision to kneel if he wants. Kneeling has always been a sign of respect until the right-wingers wanted to create a controversy. That being said, there is one thing I take issue with Reid on: his continuing to bang the drum for teams (including the Panthers and going as far to talk to Tepper) about signing Colin Kaepernick. Kaepernick has been out of football for years at this point. Maybe he was blackballed some in the beginning (however Kaepernick had shown clear signs of regression and was terrible in 2016), but in the almost 3 years away from the game, he has lost his conditioning, and I truly don't believe he could come in and help a team at this point. And that's not even getting into the media circus... Right or wrong, no coach wants to deal with that all season unless the ROI in terms of wins is worth it. NFL coaches have tremendous pressure on them... and none of them are going to invite more pressure without there being a huge upside to adding a player. Reid has objectivity of the NFL situation, and he is obviously a good and true friend to Kaepernick, but because of that, he has no objectivity in understanding how Colin is actually viewed by objective observers at this point from just a pure football standpoint. The Panthers signed Reid b/c he is a good football player and can help them win games in the present. Simple as that. Kaepernick probably could've helped some teams over the past few seasons. That time is past. His NFL career is over, and he or anyone else can blame whomever, but that is the reality. I don't care if Reid is friends with him (and supporting him on social causes), but it past time now to let the idea of him being blackballed from signing with a team go. Reid has become a leader in the secondary (having them stay after to catch balls, etc.), but beyond that, his job in regards to this team is to support the players on this current team this current year.
  3. Or it’s the same posters using PFF as a legit source for one thing, and then calling it garbage when PFF says something they don’t agree with. Never said you, or anyone specifically. If you took it personally...oh well. Around here is the viewpoint of many of our “hall monitors” losing their minds if you give an honest opinion that doesn’t 100% agree with everything the team does.
  4. Just turn off injuries then you don't need a backup quarterback.
  5. Panthers now have facilities on par with Appalachian State
  6. equal opportunity giffing. perfect racially inclusive non misogynist post by the red. must have taken him a while to find it
  7. the red reacted to this with some poopie. oh dear.
  8. Or....there are different opinions from different people. I’ve never said anything other than pff is trash, no matter whether they’re praising or condemning Panthers players. Some people defend them, some don’t. Around here isn’t a single hive mind with one viewpoint
  9. Sure. I remember when we shouldn’t give a 35year old LT 10M+ and instead spend it on the younger option. How did that work out. First, it would cost more than 10-1/yr anyhow. He will want a new contract. And a top 5 LT will be worth it. It’s a rare opportunity to acquire what might be the hardest position to fill. To secure that for the next 5 years, you better believe I’ll pay.
  10. Football is a much more enjoyable experience when you don't watch any of the 943 NFL talking head shows found on TV or online. Just wait til 1:05 on Sunday afternoon, turn on your TV and watch. Trust me, what you see and hear with your own eyes and ears is far more accurate than anything some dipshit TV personality who watched 10 minutes of highlights tells you to believe.
  11. Unless you are the rare NFL team that miraculously has two NFL QB's on it's roster (I'm looking at you 2017 Eagles) then it doesn't matter a bit who your backup QB is. The best you can hope for is that your backup can fill in for a few plays here and there. A half. Maybe a game or two. After that, you're just plain sunk. Past that, you might as well have some young guys and find out what they have or don't have. There are NFL teams out there without a single NFL starting caliber QB on the roster. We're lucky to have one.
  12. I watched a great nova show on Saturn last night. Fascinating planet and moons.
  13. Imagine preparing for the biggest game in franchise history and being surrounded by huge buildings where anyone could look into the game plan. Yeeesh
  14. especially after smoking a big old doobie
  15. So we hate PFF when they say something we don't agree with but love them when they say something we do agree with them. Got ya.
  16. What Washington wants for him is only half the problem. The dude is getting 10 per season right now. Do we really want to pay 10 per season for a 31 year old tackle? He's nearing the end of his career and decline in inevitable. Someone will pay him 10 large per and hand the Skins a 1st or 2nd rounder for the privilege. I sincerely hope it isn't us.
  17. https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/daniel-pantaleo-eric-garner-nypd/index.html Before announcing Daniel Pantaleo's firing, NYPD commissioner James O'Neill had a lengthy introduction describing the tough decisions police must often make. "Every day in New York, people receive summons or arrested by officers without any physical force being used. But some people choose to verbally and/or physically resist the enforcement action lawfully being taken against them," he said "Those situations are unpredictable and dangerous to everyone involved. The street is never the right place to argue the appropriateness of an arrest. That is what our courts are for. Being a police officer is one of the hardest jobs in the world." O'Neill went on to explain the series of events that led to his decision today. "No one believes that officer Pantaleo got out of bed on July 17, 2014, thinking he would make choices and take actions during an otherwise routine arrest that lead to another person's death. But officer's choices and actions even made under extreme pressure matter. It is unlikely that Mr. Garner thought he was in such poor help health that a brief struggle with the police would lead to his death. He should have decided against resisting arrest, but a man with a family lost his life. And that is an irreversible tragedy. And a hard-working police officer with a family and a man that took this job to do good, to make a difference in his home community has now lost his chosen career. And that is different kind of tragedy." ---------------------------------------------------------------------- To be clear, no "routine arrest" includes 5-6 cops on top of someonefor selling singles, nor does it include a choke hold.
  18. Someone commented that if we had this back during the 2003 season, we probably would've won our first Super Bowl. I agree.
  19. doesn't matter. That fairy tale - it isn't going to happen
  20. want to burn it all down - ie drain the swamp
  21. He breaks tackles like Kamara. Is he like Kamara? No. But you can’t deny that a ton of people simply bounce off him from watching his tape. That’s unusual for a guy that is just 210lbs. At 210 lbs he ran that 4.47 40 and benchpressed 465 lbs. GTFO.
  1. Load more activity

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    FTSBulldogs1996