• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

So how is the Panthers GM search going?

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah obviously we’re finding an owner first and our season is done in 6 days, they need to start laying the ground work to get this stuff done

I submitted a bid and I haven't been told no yet. Waiting for a counter offer

I can't remember where I read it, but there was an article talking about keeping Hurney and Rivera through the sale to provide some stability for the franchise. 

Just go 9-7 next year. That's all I ask.

17 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Make sure my resume gets into the right hands, thanks!

Ditto mine to lol

we're going to be stuck in a holding pattern for a few months. not a great situation to be in heading into he draft.

everything depends on finding a new owner.

28 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Better hope for a quick sale.  But the earliest it will be approved is March.  

I'm ok rolling with Hurney next season. He just can't trade any picks. 

This is like letting Engelbert into the candy shop and telling him he cant eat the candy.  

IMG_0314.JPG

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

The owner search is going to trump the GM search. 

I'm 95.6% sure that the team will not have anything to do with looking for a GM until the new owner is in place. We'll surely have Hurney through his contract in May. Just hopefully not longer.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

I'm 95.6% sure that the team will not have anything to do with looking for a GM until the new owner is in place. We'll surely have Hurney through his contract in May. Just hopefully not longer.

Curious about the math on this one 

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually think Hurney might be better for the current state of the team than people think.  It isn't that I think he's proven to be a good GM - quite the contrary, actually.  However, we're already a team with a lot of established players.  I have more faith in Hurney making a push for a big time playmaker on offense through free agency, especially with JR out, than I did with Gettleman (who I thought highly of).

I don't think we're lost with Hurney.  Even if we were to stick with him for the next year or two.  It would be years down the road before his bad tendencies would begin to affect us IMO.  But I think he's fine for the short-term.

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Curious about the math on this one 

Image result for math

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

The #Texans have hired a search firm and are going through the process of hiring a GM to replace Rick Smith, sources say. External names expected to receive interest: Nick Caserio & Monti Ossenfort (#Patriots), Brian Gaine (#Bills), and Brian Gutekunst (#Packers).

Honestly Hurney will be here next season and should. Not because he deserves the job, but you can’t hire a damn gm without the new owner signing off on it or you could end up with a one and done GM. Let Hurney keep the job for now and allow the new owner to make his decisions when he/she gets here. Don’t want to turn into the Browns. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I tend to think finding a good young gm would increase the worth of the team, as opposed to someone who has already failed once. 

I mean the team is in the playoffs right now. That’s what’s attractive to a new owner. Why hire some guy he might fire as soon as he takes over? Let him kick Hurney out when he gets here. 

2 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

The owner search is going to trump the GM search. 

Actually I think a group/new owner is already in place.

3 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

People don't really appreciate just how badly Hurney fuged this team. This old Grantland article goes through it pretty well,

http://grantland.com/features/the-roster-moves-made-panthers-gm-incompetent-best/

The good news is the only guys up for extensions this offseason are ones who actually deserve them like Norwell and Star.

Think they'll enjoy living in New York?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Vivek Sharma

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts