• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieLean

Playoff Thread

2 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Lame? That poo was pathetic and you know it. I'm surprise he didn't come out and say he was six months pregnant. Felt like that, because he was menstruating all season anyway. 

Yea, the GOAT of this era and second best player ever shouldn’t be pulling stunts like that *lebron smile gif*

32 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Yea, the GOAT of this era and second best player ever shouldn’t be pulling stunts like that *lebron smile gif*

He damn sure isn't the second best player ever. Not being the only MVP in history to lose 6 finals. Nope. 

2 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Lame? That poo was pathetic and you know it. I'm surprise he didn't come out and say he was six months pregnant. Felt like that, because he was menstruating all season anyway. 

Why am I not surprised that you don't know how pregnancy works. 

In years past I've admittedly been hard on Lebron, but I've gotten to the point of putting stupid fan stuff aside with sports in general and just tried to appreciate the best at what they do. He did the right thing by going back to Cleveland and bringing a championship for that city finally, that was a career milestone that simply had to happen for his legacy. He is an all-time great, there is no debating that, the circular arguments about exactly where he ranks amongst his peers will go on forever..

All that being said, where he goes from here undoubtedly makes this a career crossroads for Lebron's legacy once again. Whether you're a big fan of his game or not, getting swept in the finals is at an absolute bare minimum worthy of a few raised eyebrows. Especially if he's going to openly describe himself as "King", and make it a point to consistently talk about "greatness". That just comes with the territory. Not even grinding out one win is difficult for anyone to sugarcoat. This Cavs squad wasn't the best, but they also weren't a bunch of bums either.

In general I wouldn't hold it against James all that much if he decided to go elsewhere. KD adopted the "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality with the Warriors, which has netted him back to back championships, so it's difficult to give Lebron much grief for pursuing other options. Though on the flip side, KD isn't openly talked about across the sports spectrum as being the greatest ever, Lebron is. So Lebron can't get too salty if people are wondering why he has to be seen as riding the coattails of another successful player or team to get rings.

In the broader context of this discussion I think we should try to dispense with the endless individual player comparisons and just maintain perspective of where the league has been heading the last several years and what the future holds for the next wave of future generations of potentially great players, which if you're being honest doesn't look too inspiring as of now. Lebron is entering the tail end of his career, and the talent disparity across the league is already almost comically abysmal. How long before we see another transcendent talent in the NBA at or near the level of Lebron James once he decides to hang it up?

35 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Jordan Clarkson had the worst playoffs performance in NBA history.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=WbNPZ

sBGDmux.png

UpIPllu.png

yHj15RX.png

35 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Jordan Clarkson had the worst playoffs performance in NBA history.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=WbNPZ

sBGDmux.png

UpIPllu.png

yHj15RX.png

And LeBron finished in the 300's during the Season in Defensive win shares. So......................

Maybe if he wasn't such a bitch, and switch off to Curry at the end of game 3, instead of defending Durant, we would still be talking about them playing right now. Dude quit so many times this Series it's crazy.  

34894280_10156472213757292_7858671458728

18 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

And LeBron finished in the 300's during the Season in Defensive win shares. So......................

Maybe if he wasn't such a bitch, and switch off to Curry at the end of game 3, instead of defending Durant, we would still be talking about them playing right now. Dude quit so many times this Series it's crazy.  

34894280_10156472213757292_7858671458728

skip bayless lol

5 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

skip bayless lol

Ha, he is Skip Bayles, but is he wrong though? Oh no it's not.