• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

How many starters MUST the Panthers get from this draft?

In your opinion how many year 1 starters MUST the Carolina Panthers get from this NFL draft? 

Feels like two for me, considering how lacking in talent they are at so many positions. Will be difficult to find free agents who would do any better than a high round rookie. Easiest for rookies to start in this squad? Safety, CB, WR, LG.  As such, I am willing to bet the first three picks will be in these categories. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

In your opinion how many year 1 starters MUST the Carolina Panthers get from this NFL draft? 

Feels like two for me, considering how lacking in talent they are at so many positions. Will be difficult to find free agents who would do any better than a high round rookie. Easiest for rookies to start in this squad? Safety, CB, WR, LG.  As such, I am willing to bet the first three picks will be in these categories. 

Yep I'm thinking 2 or 3. After round 1 I'm worried about our picks though.

We need to draft at least 2 year one starters. Then 2 others must become starters down the road as well.

I agree, if we can get 2 I’d say we are playoff bound for sure this year.  I’m willing to go out on a limb and say DB rd 1, OL rd 2 and then we go skill position on offense with both of our 3rd, rb/wr.

only thing that I think may change any of this, is if we get someone good that falls into our lap, like Star did a few years ago. 

Also it is of my opinion that any time you can get the best player at their prospective position in the draft it’s a good pick.  Examples of picks like this in the past were R.Kalil, Luke and of course Cam.

you need a plan when going into the draft, but also a plan you’re willing to adjust.

11 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I also think the guy we draft for guard will either be a T/G type or a C/G type. 

Connor Williams, Isaiah Winn, and Billy Price. With the Kalil bros. on the way out and Daryl coming up for contract we could spend two early picks on OL and I wouldn't be mad. 

Secondary and an OL....a rotational impact pass rusher would be great to get

bet we look at young guys for TD, Kalil, and Olson if available 

as Marty said....got to see how things fall and let it come to us

Two feels like the right number BUT I don't really believe you can think of it that way. If we take Ridley, Hurst, Chubb and Bates in the first 3 rounds there is a chance none would start this year but that doesn't mean they would be bad picks.  I would hope Ridley and Bates would start at some point this season but you know how Rivera is and it could be year 2 before they start.

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Two and then hope that Hall and Elder can work their ways into the mix

Sammuel, Hall, elder, and Luke (the secondary Luke), all need to be impact players 

thats 4 young guys already on our roster, not including motto or Byrd, that we got basically nothing out of last yr

and yes it was because of injuries 

3 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

Two feels like the right number BUT I don't really believe you can think of it that way. If we take Ridley, Hurst, Chubb and Bates in the first 3 rounds there is a chance none would start this year but that doesn't mean they would be bad picks.  I would hope Ridley and Bates would start at some point this season but you know how Rivera is and it could be year 2 before they start.

Rookie starters are very rare, but high impact contributors are really needed

at least one starter but honestly we need 2 or 3, we need a saints level draft. 

we need 2 starters at minimum. The issue I see, is I only see two positions where a rookie will start. Safety and left guard. CB has the potential, if they beat Cockrell for #2 . A rookie WR will probably be 3rd/4th on the depth chart.

11 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Rookie starters are very rare, but high impact contributors are really needed

Agree.

Lets be honest. Rivera will probably have to be forced to start anybody we draft. He may be generous with one and thats it. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    The_Apostle610

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts