• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

It's Official! Tepper, the man! J-Rich farewell statement!

"The Carolina Panthers announced today that a definitive agreement has been signed to sell the team to David Tepper, the founder and president of global hedge fund Appaloosa Management, L.P. and a well-known philanthropist. "

i guess you were in too much of a hurry to include a quote so here it is.

"Bringing the Panthers and the NFL to the Carolinas in 1993 was enormously fulfilling for Rosalind and me and all of our partners," founder Jerry Richardson, said. "We are deeply grateful for the outpouring of support over the last 25 years. You have taken the Panthers into your hearts and made them part of this warm and supportive community.  We want to thank all of our past and present players, coaches and staff for their hard work in making the Panthers a great success both on the field and in the community.  The personal relationships we have enjoyed have been very meaningful to us.

"I look forward to turning the stewardship of the Panthers over to David Tepper. I have enjoyed getting to know him in this process and am confident that he will provide the organization with great leadership in both its football and community initiatives. I wish David and his family the very best as they enter this exciting new phase of their lives."

You know what's weird? That's almost certainly the last public statement we'll ever hear from Jerry Richardson.

Well actually, I don't believe in quoting whole articles, if I can help it, and I believe the most important part is that the agreement has been signed!

2 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

You know what's weird? That's almost certainly the last public statement we'll ever hear from Jerry Richardson.

No more tears from a crying curmudgeon. Sign me up!

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

No more tears from a crying curmudgeon. Sign me up!

Yeah I'm not saying it's a bad thing. This will be his last written statement we read and his Morgan Fogarty press conference years ago will turn out to be the last time we saw him talk publicly.

Couple of sources reported the signing around 10:30 last night but there was no official confirmation till this morning.

Not sure why the July date. I'd have assumed he becomes owner as soon as the league approves him  :thinking:

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Couple of sources reported the signing around 10:30 last night but there was no official confirmation till this morning.

Not sure why the July date. I'd have assumed he becomes owner as soon as the league approves him  :thinking:

Yeah was wondering about the closing date. Is he able to have control now or after the closing.  All businesses dealings I have seen the new owner can come in with a definitive agreement and look around and start setting up but can't make any big changes til after closing. 

35 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

good

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So when will hear from Tepper (press conference)? I'm sure the puppet masters at league hq will want to wait after the official meeting in Atlanta next week. I and I'm sure a lot of others are waiting for him to throw us a bone.

2 minutes ago, !stUp said:

So when will hear from Tepper (press conference)? I'm sure the puppet masters at league hq will want to wait after the official meeting in Atlanta next week. I and I'm sure a lot of others are waiting for him to throw us a bone.

I honestly wouldn't blame them for waiting till then.

Granted, it's highly unlikely he'd be denied, but ya never know.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

"The Carolina Panthers announced today that a definitive agreement has been signed to sell the team to David Tepper, the founder and president of global hedge fund Appaloosa Management, L.P. and a well-known philanthropist. "

Ding dong the Witch is officially dead. I can't express the happiness that I feel right now now. Tears of joy.

The cancer of this organization is gone. The single biggest road block to this franchises success is gone. For the first time since 1995, there a is legitimate NFL franchise in the Carolinas. We are no longer an embrassment. We are no longer a Mickey Mouse operation. 

Jerry Richardson has been a garbage human being since day 1. He fooled a majority of this fan base, but ultimately the truth always comes out. We can all finally cheer for a team without feeling dirty. Without feeling guilty. The trash has been taken out.

i know i do not get along with all of you on here, but I am truly happy for every single one of you. For the first time in your lives you will have the opportunity to be passionate about a real franchise. Even if you don't realize is it now, you will realize it extremely shortly.

Today is the third greatest day in this franchises history behind the two NFC Championship games. The Cancer is finally gone. The garbage has been taken out. Go out and celebrate today because it's worth celebrating.