• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paa Langfart

Repubs plan to balance the budget

Surprise !  They want to do it on the backs of old people, poor people, and those least able to fend for themselves.  But at least the 1 % ers and international corporations got a 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut !  maga !

House Republicans released a proposal Tuesday that would balance the budget in nine years — but only by making large cuts to entitlement programs, including Medicare, that President Trump vowed not to touch.

The House Budget Committee is aiming to pass the blueprint this week, but that may be as far as it goes this midterm election year. It is not clear that GOP leaders will put the document on the House floor for a vote, and even if it were to pass the House, the budget would have little impact on actual spending levels.

Nonetheless the budget serves as an expression of Republicans’ priorities at a time of rapidly rising deficits and debt. Although the nation’s growing indebtedness has been exacerbated by the GOP’s own policy decisions — including the new tax law, which most analyses say will add at least $1 trillion to the debt — Republicans on the Budget Committee said they felt a responsibility to put the nation on a sounder fiscal trajectory.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/06/19/house-gop-plan-would-cut-medicare-social-security-to-balance-budget/?utm_term=.5a9a6df35507

And they still are trying to get rid of the ACA.

The House Republican budget, titled “A Brighter American Future,” would remake Medicare by giving seniors the option of enrolling in private plans that compete with traditional Medicare, a system of competition designed to keep costs down but dismissed by critics as an effort to privatize the program. Along with other changes, the budget proposes to squeeze $537 billion out of Medicare over the next decade.

The budget would transform Medicaid, the federal-state health-care program for the poor, by limiting per capita payments or allowing states to turn it into a block-grant program — the same approach House Republicans took in their legislation that passed last year to repeal the Affordable Care Act (the repeal effort died in the Senate, but the GOP budget assumes that the repeal takes place).  It also proposes adding work requirements for certain adults enrolled in Medicaid. Changes to Medicaid and other health programs would account for $1.5 trillion in savings

these bastards are criminal

The House Republican budget, titled “A Brighter American Future

Pubs don't give a rip about the budget, no more than the Dems.  They are just looking to get back some of their disgusted constituents because of the spending already taking place

Well at least they're not going after my government entitleme-oh...

Shoot.

Well at least I've got a pension because my job has a strong unio-oh...

Crap.

Well at least the cost of commodities is going down because we're not in a trade wa-oh...

Damn.

Why did I think the Republicans had my best interest in mind?

- "Forgotten Americans" with discernment (i.e. unicorns)

on the plus side you can be a Christian without having to worry about muslims enforcing sharia law or abortions.

gotta pay for that tax cut for the uber wealthy somehow.  

just think, when you make Trumpers even poorer.  They will get even madder.  Which means Trump can keep throwing gas on the emotional angry folks.  

and yeah, Trumpers don't realize they are the exact people Trump has taken advantage of screwed his entire life.  Don't forget Trumpers, Trump chose you first.  He did so because you were stupid.  He became a "Republican" not because he believed in the GOP principles but because it was home to a select group of idiots who knew he could manipulate.   At least, that is what Jared Kushner said....but let me guess, you don't believe that. 

I work primarily with the Medicare market. 

R’s are out of their god damn minds