Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ARSEN

Game of Thrones - Season 8

I saw the bet O/U 6.5 deaths to named, multi-season characters (including dire wolves and living dragons).

If I counted correctly we had...Lyanna, Jorah, Edd, Beric, Melisandre, Night King

That makes six.  A lot of people are going to be sitting around for a week hoping Ghost is alive/dead

1 minute ago, Goondal said:

I saw the bet O/U 6.5 deaths to named, multi-season characters (including dire wolves and living dragons).

If I counted correctly we had...Lyanna, Jorah, Edd, Beric, Melisandre, Night King

That makes six.  A lot of people are going to be sitting around for a week hoping Ghost is alive/dead

Ghost defiantly alive IMO.  Going with he comes wondering back with some friends.  

1 minute ago, Goondal said:

And Theon

• Pie 2

I loved the episode but did think that there was too much slow motion montage stuff in the second half.  The other flaw was Bran...what the bleep was he wasting his time doing?  Just flying around in birds?

2 minutes ago, Goondal said:

I loved the episode but did think that there was too much slow motion montage stuff in the second half.  The other flaw was Bran...what the bleep was he wasting his time doing?  Just flying around in birds?

Did he already know what would happen?  Loved the episode personally.

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, little surprised.  Like maybe 4-5 confirmed deaths? 

Disagree with it looking like a lot of their foot soldiers made it though.  Seemed to me like most of them were wiped out and we just get the main folks coming out of this.  Preview suggest otherwise but...

This was the GREAT war and it felt anything but. For once HBO has let me down.

I liked it but I was disappointed by the battle.    They were hyping this to be better and bigger than Helms Deep and well, it just wasn't as good as Helms Deep in any way, not even close.    I know it's fast zombies but the action was just too fast it was my gripe with Transformers movies as well.

Also there was stupid stuff.    They should have opened up the fight with dragon fire to light the dead up.    They didn't think about the crypt?    Why not put Ghost down there?   More than one trench?     

It was good but it didn't feel GoTish and I expected a bit more death.

1 minute ago, Dex said:

Dex be like...

The-Wire-SHIT-Clay-Davis.gif

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I liked it but I was disappointed by the battle.    They were hyping this to be better and bigger than Helms Deep and well, it just wasn't as good as Helms Deep in any way, not even close.    I know it's fast zombies but the action was just too fast it was my gripe with Transformers movies as well.

Also there was stupid stuff.    They should have opened up the fight with dragon fire to light the dead up.    They didn't think about the crypt?    Why not put Ghost down there?   More than one trench?     

It was good but it didn't feel GoTish and I expected a bit more death.

Same. Poorly written episode. 1/4 of the episode was barely visible. Helm's Deep is the GOAT. I literally didn't feel anything this entire episode. Just not a satisfying episode. Maybe End Game has left me numb? 

8 minutes ago, Dex said:

Looks like The Wire will keep the iron throne for Dex 

Thing I am most surprised about...

the battle with the Night King/Winter is Coming boils down to one episode. 

Now maybe they do another lead up to the next battle? Or heck two.  And Cersei gets a battle episode.  Just seems like the great battle vs the dead should of been more than one episode. 

TV shows are all about the ending.  3 more episodes.  I guess we will see.  I liked the episode overall. Just thought the Night King would continue into some of the final episodes.  More needed to die.  Too much magic dust now be sprinkled on the main folks

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Looks like The Wire will keep the iron throne for Dex 

Show isn't over yet so I can't say. But the writing better improve in the next 3 episodes or daddy gone be mad.

5 minutes ago, Dex said:

Show isn't over yet so I can't say. But the writing better improve in the next 3 episodes or daddy gone be mad.

even if the last 3 episodes have the greatest writing in television history it won't excuse the nonsense they've written the past couple seasons.

there were some cool moments but man this was garbage imo. pure fan service.

Edited by nickzz

Just now, nickzz said:

even if the last 3 episodes have the greatest writing in television history nothing will excuse the nonsense they've written the past couple seasons.

there were some cool moments but man this was garbage imo. pure fan service.

It wasn't even fan service. I'm a fan and I don't feel serviced. I'm curious to hear @Bronn reaction.