Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

Game of Thrones - Season 8

Did we get a definitive on the fate of Benjen Stark?  Did we actually witness him biting it or was it a shot of him riding into a throng of wights?

If it's the latter, then there's the opening of him being the new NK over the next 1000 years.

25 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

I didn't catch it at first, but after watching the NK kill scene several times I think it's pretty clear Arya was disguised as one of NK's homies. Just as NK is going to grab his sword it cuts to a WW who turns their head who I believe is Arya, then it cuts to the Arya coming out of nowhere scene. I think after the Red Woman mentioned the "kill lots of blue eyes" line, Arya went into her disguised assassin mode.

I don't think that is the case. I think it showed that WW to show the wind coming from being them, that wind being the real God of Death (Arya.) I could be wrong, but I didn't read it as her wearing any face.

The only time I thought Arya might have been wearing a face was when Mel showed up and stared at her across the way. I thought maybe it wasn't Arya all along, and was instead a FM wearing her face, and that Mel saw through it. Turns out that was wrong, too.

3 episodes left.  Well this should be interesting if it is all about the Throne. Could go on multiple directions with 3 episodes. was expecting atleast 1 more episode of the WW. 

Well bring on the carnage. 

10 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I don't think that is the case. I think it showed that WW to show the wind coming from being them, that wind being the real God of Death (Arya.) I could be wrong, but I didn't read it as her wearing any face.

The only time I thought Arya might have been wearing a face was when Mel showed up and stared at her across the way. I thought maybe it wasn't Arya all along, and was instead a FM wearing her face, and that Mel saw through it. Turns out that was wrong, too.

That's definitely possible too. I would question how Arya could sneak up on the NK and his generals, but then again in the premiere there was that scene where Arya sneaks up on Jon by the tree and he's like "how the fug did you do that?". Seems like the producers anticipated that question being asked and answered it accordingly.

they spent the whole episode dick teasing deaths of main characters only to have Jorah, Theon, and Beric be the only ones that paid the god of death.  

Just now, countryboi said:

they spent the whole episode dick teasing deaths of main characters only to have Jorah, Theon, and Beric be the only ones that paid the god of death.  

There will be more. Guess they just didn't want to go with the quick kills and wanting to build up to the main  characters. 

9 hours ago, CRA said:

Well Ghost is in the preview for next week.  So there is still a chance he sits on the iron throne. 

This. Team Ghost. The best boy. 

fwiw I still can't believe they didn't end the episode three separate times...

the first when the WW bearded generals marched into the walls of Winterfell...I was like ok we'll find out what happens next week I guess

The second time I was sure the episode was over was when the NK reanimated all the dead corpses around Winterfell. Aw hell, next week is going to be another episode long battle isn't it?

The THIRD time I was sure we were about to get the credits was when the NK approached Bran. Aw hell, it's just like the end of the season premiere with Bran and Jaime staring each other down.

Kudos to the producers for not ending on a cliffhanger for once.

Night King and the entire WW crew.  1 kill in the battle of battles.   Reek. 

The more I think about that? They really didn't do the big bads justice. 

interesting quote from the director of this last episode

I heard originally you were doing 3 episodes, perhaps even more, and then eventually settled on two.

I wanted to do 3, 4, and 5 and there literally just weren’t enough days because we shoot two units. Then I said “4 and 5” and they said, “No, you have to do 3 and 5.” What I really like about 3, 4, and 5 is they’re a complete piece with a beginning middle and end. I try to approach all these [episodes] like they’re one. Like in season 6, [episodes 9 and 10, “The Battle of the Bastards” and “The Winds of Winter”], were to me one thing. Yes, there was talk of that. Thank god it didn’t happen. I would be so dead right now.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/26/game-of-thrones-director-battle-of-winterfell/

I can't believe there are three episodes left. I guess it makes sense when you think about each episode is just about a feature length movie in length, 90 minutes.

18 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

fwiw I still can't believe they didn't end the episode three separate times...

the first when the WW bearded generals marched into the walls of Winterfell...I was like ok we'll find out what happens next week I guess

The second time I was sure the episode was over was when the NK reanimated all the dead corpses around Winterfell. Aw hell, next week is going to be another episode long battle isn't it?

The THIRD time I was sure we were about to get the credits was when the NK approached Bran. Aw hell, it's just like the end of the season premiere with Bran and Jaime staring each other down.

Kudos to the producers for not ending on a cliffhanger for once.

LOL, a very Return of the King vibe =)

10 hours ago, Dex said:

Same. Poorly written episode. 1/4 of the episode was barely visible. Helm's Deep is the GOAT. I literally didn't feel anything this entire episode. Just not a satisfying episode. Maybe End Game has left me numb? 

I enjoyed it, it was suspenseful and all of that... but I felt it wasn't "great".  Hardhome and Battle of the bastards were overall better.

It really felt like this should be the conclusion of the series and that the rest is just trivial... idk, we'll see how they do the remaining plot.

I think it's alright to get the WW stuff out of the way, even if they keep it alive somehow to possibly bring back in a future series or movie. Maybe the NK has a successor, possibly one of those little babies he turned from previous seasons.

But ultimately what makes this story and show great is the interactions and power struggles based in reality, so I think it'll be good to end on that note however it happens.