• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

The first half rigging the passer calls were a disgrace.  I'd like an explanation from those refs regarding those 2 plays.  If anybody  can find this please post.  Horrible.

• Pie 1

I'd love an explanation too.  I don't know how either one of those hits were "roughing the passer".  That was bs

While I don't agree with the call, the second one looked like an example of the new "tackling the QB with full body weight" point of emphasis we had a thread on recently. 

How you're supposed to tackle without using your body weight, I have no clue. 

We also benefited from a questionable RTP on a hit on Allen later in the game. Defensive players are going to have to be extra careful when Hocculi Jr's crew is working their game.

1 hour ago, Scum of the Turf said:

Dang auto correct.  Roughing.....

Actually more of a Freudian slip.  Rigging and bs calls against the Panthers go hand in hand.

well played.

• Beer 1

I'm glad they're making a statement about the new rules now in the preseason. I too was completely incensed by the horrific back-to-back calls, but it was totally for show. Nothing gets a player's attention like getting hit with a BS penalty. And I guarantee everyone on the squad is more aware of those rules now and will be 100% more attentive to them come game time next week.

The rules seems stupid, but I think they're just applying them much more rigidly in the preseason to make a statement and get them on players' and coaches' radar. I don't think they will be called like that in the regular season (or at least sincerely hope they won't). The league has got to be smarter than that.

Doesn't it?

31 minutes ago, trueblade said:

While I don't agree with the call, the second one looked like an example of the new "tackling the QB with full body weight" point of emphasis we had a thread on recently. 

We also benefited from a questionable RTP on a hit on Allen later in the game. Defensive players are going to have to be extra careful when Hocculi Jr's crew is working their game.

If that was the case they should explain the call while saying what the penalty is.  Such as "Roughing the passer, using full body weight".  Nobody knew why they called that, because there was no explanation.  

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, trueblade said:

That wasn't RTP. It was called unnecessary roughness. If you look at the replay, you can see Allen give himself and take a knee and the defender came and hit him anyway.

• Pie 1

If they call those throughout the league during the regular season, the NFL is going to suffer.

I am trying to convince my fantasy league to add refs to our IDP league.  Its clear that these bogus "roughing the passer" calls are going to influence games, and even decide some outcomes.  I think they should get fantasy points for that.

Ah, you thought you were free of Hochuli.  Who knew he had a son to continue his legacy?!

Seems like the NFL needs to take a physics class. How TF do you tackle without using your weight?