Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocker

UNC Football

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Now go get the right coach.  Not some fringe wanna be.

The “sources” on IC say Brent Venables and Mel Tucker are the guys to keep an eye on. I think they only bring Mack Brown back if the miss on their other targets. 

As an App State fan, I hope Scott Satterfield stays here for the long-term and builds the program into a regional powerhouse which we are on the verge of doing. 

However, I also realize it would be hard to turn down the right offer if it came at a larger school. 

Satterfield is a great recruiter, offensive coach, and great all-around coach and UNC would be lucky to have him. I just hope not so soon. 

Mack is back

Mack Brown 2.0

Lets hope he adds some fire power at assistants

Not sure how I feel about MB coming back but as long as they cough up the money for good coordinators that want to recruit......

I heard one thing Mack wants to do is get some great young coordinators and groom them to take over when he is done.  Good stuff.

Don’t count on Mack leading the Heels to anything more thank broken dreams. As a Texas fan I saw him care more smiling on TV and making Longhorn Network commercials than any actual recruiting. During his tenure there we saw Winston, RG3, Manziel and Cam all go unrecruited by UT while playing HS ball in Texas, or in Cams case playing JUCO at Blinn not even two hours away from Austin. 

9 hours ago, joeyxfresco said:

Don’t count on Mack leading the Heels to anything more thank broken dreams. As a Texas fan I saw him care more smiling on TV and making Longhorn Network commercials than any actual recruiting. During his tenure there we saw Winston, RG3, Manziel and Cam all go unrecruited by UT while playing HS ball in Texas, or in Cams case playing JUCO at Blinn not even two hours away from Austin. 

Big 12 is a much better league than the ACC.

In the ACC it’s Clemson and a bunch of trash. On top of that, Texas wanted a national title contender year in and year out; at UNC eight wins a year will do.

Tim Brewster is heading back to CH to join Mack’s staff as the recruiting coordinator and tight end’s coach (the role he previously held at Texas A&M).

Brewster was also responsible for Florida State’s recruiting success. During Brewster’s five years at Florida State he guided FSU to a top 5 class four out of the five years.

10 hours ago, joeyxfresco said:

I thought Mack led them to an undefeated season and Natty Championship.  I musta dreamed that shet up.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:09 PM, Eclipse said:

Welcome back.

I was hoping for new blood tho.

This is great!