• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

CatTower

Where does DJ Moore's first NFL reception rank among the all time greats?

video unavailable. But yeah, the fact he was mostly absent the first two games is sad for a first round pick, who's supposed to have an immediate impact.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Great breakaway speed, terrible tackling effort

DJ Moore ain't no average dude.  He is 89's spirit animal for a reason.  He didn't go down in college like no punk either.   That terrible tacking effort brings down a lot of our WRs. 

I am no fan of Jennings the commentator but he was spot on about a critique of Fun Fun.  Not to jump topics.  But a lot of our players make catches with the intent of going down when they catch it. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

slightly reminds me of this catch against the Falcons in 2008..

Edited by bLACKpANTHER
  • Pie 2
  • The D 1

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

DJ Moore ain't no average dude.  He is 89's spirit animal for a reason.  He didn't go down in college like no punk either.   That terrible tacking effort brings down a lot of our WRs. 

I am no fan of Jennings the commentator but he was spot on about a critique of Fun Fun.  Not to jump topics.  But a lot of our players make catches with the intent of going down when they catch it. 

Yeah, we’ve always had a YAC problem around here with 89 being the exception, Smitty would drag dudes for YAC.

27 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

slightly reminds me of this catch against the Falcons in 2008..

Eerily similar. We have to get him some more targets man.

As many comps as he's garnered to Smitty, this play just reinforced it.  His first ever NFL reception goes for a huge gain and TD after breaking a tackle.  Well, do you remember what happened on Smitty's first touch in the NFL?  A KR for a TD.  Sure, DJ had a couple of touches before, but for that to be his first reception and he does that?  It puts him in that same class of player to take the first touch of any kind and score.

Also, the way he accelerated past the defenders in traffic after turning up field and everyone else looked like they were running half-speed...  that was a trademark of Smitty.  Haven't seen it in a player here before him or since him on our team, until DJ.