• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

Rivera Monday presser

For me it's the brazen stubbornness that Ron is still displaying in an audition year for a new owner after all the coaching experiences he's supposed to have learned from over the years. This after keeping Shula around as long as he did.

Either Tepper has told Ron he is safe, or Ron just lacks the self awareness. Regardless, it doesn't inspire much, if any, confidence in an alteration in philosophy this season. Ron Rivera sounds like he's going to do it his way, and go down doing so if necessary, or not at all.

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

You’re reaching harder than Rivera did with his weather excuse on this one.

I can tell you’re a bit rattled, take a timeout and come back later when you’ve cooled off. 

I'm not the one melting down about a football game. You guys do this with your ridiculous histrionics every week win or lose. It's how you enjoy football, and I get it, I just find it silly. 

• Poo 1

I didn’t listen, but I’m pretty good at lip reading and what he said was, “blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.    

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

There have been plenty of coaches who have gone up to the podium and said “we need to get better and it starts with me”.

Won’t hear that from Ron though 

Exactly!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

No what you said was that you won’t find a coach that says that.

5 games + 7 years

Andddd the Bucs just fired d coordinator so that's the good it does I think ours is next in line.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I think anything less than 9-7 or 10-6 and Rivera's ass is on fire.  Tepper has spoken about continuity, but he's also seemingly a very forward thinking dude.  I doubt he likes watching 1970s football all that much coming from the Steelers offense of late. 

And I assure you that Mr. Tepper has exactly zero % loyalty to Ron Rivera.  Ron was not his hire. Ron was Jerry's hire.

CJ I can SOMEWHAT (not really) understand since the team was down all game and playing from behind.

Curtis Samuel though I'm blown away. If he is putting that on his coaching staff, then he needs to fix that because as the head coach, just like any team with a leader, the failures go to him while the successes goes to those that he leads. He needs to own that, and that's something that bothers me about Rivera as a flawed leader.

2 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

Like who and what good did it do them? Why should he call himself into question in front of his players just so that you can feel better about things for like 5 seconds? LOL. You guys are ridiculous. 

He doesn't have to name names. We've all seen it as sportsfan numerous times in all four major sports.  If you can't recall then that's on you. It's called accepting responsibility and all people do it no matter what the profession is if they're going to be successful.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

I knew I should have resisted reading this thread.

Now I'm just pissed off all over again.

"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

I’ve heard a lot of f’d up excuses from coaches but I think Ron is the first to imply that “inclement weather” has effected how the team has played. 

I’m hoping that Tepper is taking notes and that he sees that this team will go nowhere with Ron as the HC. Something needs to be done.

Before Mr Tepper became our owner there was two things holding us back from ever winning a Superbowl. Now there's just one. I'll name the first, Jerry Richardson. Any guesses on what the second thing that needs to be done for us to win a Superbowl?

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Weather, scheme and situation, tweaked shoulders, fortunes of football....

Don't forget "missed opportunities".

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Semaj said:

Before Mr Tepper became our owner there was two things holding us back from ever winning a Superbowl. Now there's just one. I'll name the first, Jerry Richardson. Any guesses on what the second thing that needs to be done for us to win a Superbowl?

A5F0BDAE-0FDB-4331-92F0-191617F1CE70.thumb.jpeg.9eed308d903db8adff800e5dda9d6e7c.jpeg

• Pie 1

Just now, Semaj said:

He doesn't have to name names. We've all seen it as sportsfan numerous times in all four major sports.  If you can't recall then that's on you. It's called accepting responsibility and all people do it no matter what the profession is if they're going to be successful.

LOL! You guys get so bent out of shape that an NFL coach doesn't apologize to you every week for not winning the game and making you sad about the Panthers. Plenty of coaches make mea culpas on the podium and continue to suck. Dirk Koetter can take the blame(and he should) all he wants, as vocally as he wants, they're still going to suck. 

Hilarious. 

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

On C.J. Anderson getting one snap: "We're going to play guys as the coaches see fit."

Can't get much clearer than that. Ron is worried about his doghouse and sending messages to players who should be helping us win instead of coaching like his job is on the line. He still doesn't get it 8 years later.

Maybe C.J. forgot and left his necktie at home?  Ron really is a sticker about neckties.