• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Car123

White Realtor Fired After Video Shows Her Blocking A Black Man From Entering His Own Luxury Condo

Videos: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo93tp9Fgiu/

A white realtor in Missouri was terminated from her job after a viral video showed she tried to block a Black man from entering the luxury condominium complex where he lives.

D’Arreion Toles was returning to his loft in downtown St. Louis when a white woman, identified as Hilary Brooke Mueller, tried to keep him from entering until he proved he lived in the building, reported CBS affiliate KMOV 4.

In videos of the incident uploaded to Facebook, Toles asked the woman multiple times to “please move.”

“I can,” she responded. “Do you live here?”

“I’ve already answered that question,” Toles, 24, replied. “Excuse me.”

Mueller refused to get out of Toles’ way and told him she felt “uncomfortable.” Shen then followed him into the elevator and to his front door.

The woman’s employer, Tribeca Luxury Apartments, released a statement on Sunday saying they found her behavior “disturbing.”

“The Tribeca-STL family is a minority-owned company that consists of employees and residents from many racial backgrounds,” it said. “We are proud of this fact and do not and never will stand for racism or racial profiling at our company. After a review of the matter the employee has been terminated and is no longer with our company.”

Toles said his incident is one example of “something that is recurring in America.” He also told KMOV 4 that he wishes the woman “the best” and “would still have a conversation with her.”

“I am not mad at her. I am not upset with her. I am not going to go after her legally or anything like that,” he said.

https://www.bet.com/news/national/2018/10/15/white-realtor-fired-after-video-shows-her-blocking-a-black-man-f.amp.html

Edited by Car123

What can you really say about these kinds of people?  Their closeted racism has been exposed.  Just goes to show how racism in America has never ended, and probably won't.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, d-dave said:

What can you really say about these kinds of people?  Their closeted racism has been exposed.  Just goes to show how racism in America has never ended, and probably won't.

in before some of tbox libertarian comes in about how racism goes both ways because he was laughed at by some black teenagers once

There’s a lot of wink-wink nudge-nudge racism in the real estate industry, this doesn’t surprise me much.

i remember when we were looking at houses about 10 years ago, we would ask realtors “what kind of neighborhood is this”, thinking that it would be obvious that we were asking about what the mix of young/old, families/singles, young professionals, the background of the original developer, involvement of the HOA, etc, and every real estate agent assumed we were asking about race. We quickly had to change our question phrasing to get the answers that we wanted and not coded responses about the racial cross section.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Jase said:

There’s a lot of wink-wink nudge-nudge racism in the real estate industry, this doesn’t surprise me much.

i remember when we were looking at houses about 10 years ago, we would ask realtors “what kind of neighborhood is this”, thinking that it would be obvious that we were asking about what the mix of young/old, families/singles, young professionals, the background of the original developer, involvement of the HOA, etc, and every real estate agent assumed we were asking about race. We quickly had to change our question phrasing to get the answers that we wanted and not coded responses about the racial cross section.

Similar thing here. We had to specifically mention that we weren't necessarily looking for a neighborhood of interracial couples.

Realtors are the worst. Most of them are literally terrible at their job, which is so simple just about anyone could do it.  I mean, "here's your front yard sign and I listed it on MLS.  I've done less than an hour of work so pay me 20k when you sell it". Really??   What a racket.   

On 10/16/2018 at 10:58 AM, tondi said:

Realtors are the worst. Most of them are literally terrible at their job, which is so simple just about anyone could do it.  I mean, "here's your front yard sign and I listed it on MLS.  I've done less than an hour of work so pay me 20k when you sell it". Really??   What a racket.   

Yeah it is amazing what they get paid for the training required to get the job. Working with one now and I feel like I know more than them. 

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Yeah it is amazing what they get paid for the training required to get the job. Working with one now and I feel like I know more than them. 

when i was buying my house the realtor wanted me to round my offer to the nearest 9,999 instead of 10,000. i was like that's what stores mark their prices out to sound cheaper, it doesn't make sense. he was like no trust me, that's how i always do it, they like that. the next day we heard back 'the homeowner was extremely insulted that you couldn't even come up to 10,000.'

Edited by rodeo
  • 28-3 1

There's a key fob for a reason. Why couldn't he just let her close the door and use his key fob to open it. Then she would have nothing to say.

19 minutes ago, Marquis said:

There's a key fob for a reason. Why couldn't he just let her close the door and use his key fob to open it. Then she would have nothing to say.

Maybe it was raining & he didn't want to go back outside to satisfy her bigotry? 

Why did she call the cops after she watched him open his door?

10 minutes ago, Trident Panther said:

White people bad. 

Orange man bad

Proud Boys bad

Antifa good

Am I doing it right? 

Was this particular white woman good?