• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

RumHam

David Newton thinks Torrey trade really worked out

We didn’t give up anything for him so yeah the trade did work out. His playing time however has not worked out.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

We didn’t give up anything for him so yeah the trade did work out. His playing time however has not worked out.

That description of Worley seems fairly accurate.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Torrey's not a deep threat but elsewhere I honestly have to say he's been fine and good. He's been a nice route runner in the intermediate range honestly. 

Newton does list some weird reasons but otherwise I think Torrey has been fine. Just don't need to keep pretending he's a deep threat anymore though and start getting Samuel wet.

Just now, Saca312 said:

Torrey's not a deep threat but elsewhere I honestly have to say he's been fine and good. He's been a nice route runner in the intermediate range honestly. 

Newton does list some weird reasons but otherwise I think Torrey has been fine. Just don't need to keep pretending he's a deep threat anymore though and start getting Samuel wet.

He's been open deep this year, Cam hasn't really looked his way.

• Pie 1

He was brought in to be our speedster/deep threat/ginn 2.0. Don't go back on that. Personally i think at this point Norv's "high percentage" offense is actually cucking this offense.

He's made some plays for us and is probably a valuable veteran leadership in the WR room while Worley got cut in the offseason for being an idiot by the Eagles. We kinda won that trade by default after that.

Edited by LinvilleGorge
  • Pie 2

17 minutes ago, t96 said:

If you're talking about some of the ones where he wasn't the primary read or where he was schemed open over the middle (actually misrepresented that as Wright in another thread), I don't think those are as consistent as I'd like imo.

He's fine if we use him as our intermediate. I'm more open with that. I just want to see Samuel getting the deep targets instead of trying to force some to Smith.

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

That's more him being open because of bad coverage/good play call against a specific defense rather than him actually beating someone deep. Bersin would have been open deep on those plays.

• Pie 1
  • 28-3 1

40 minutes ago, Bartin said:

That's more him being open because of bad coverage/good play call against a specific defense rather than him actually beating someone deep. Bersin would have been open deep on those plays.

Edited by TheCasillas

Like I said when it happened, trading Worley was addition by subtraction. It got him out of the way. If he was still here, would anyone be surprised if Ron was still starting him over Jackson? 

The only downside to the trade is that I'm starting to feel the same way about Torrey. Feels like his presence on game day is starting to get in the way of getting younger, better players on the field.

• 28-3 1