Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

MillionDollarCam

2018-19 North Carolina Tar Heels

Watching ESPN today and hearing DWill saying we can’t match up with Zion...blah, blah.  What shet.  1 pt game and a jumper from beating them.  Now Duke gets th 1 seed, UNC sucks...lol.  

• Beer 1

I'm a Duke fan. 

I certainly wouldn't say UNC "choked" ..  Jeeze Louise .. those two teams played their hearts out.. They both left it all on the floor.  NO CHOKE.

Roy called two plays before  Reddick  MISSED TWO FREE THROWS ,,  yeah ,  One play for if he makes both, and one for if he missed one or both...  And why fans seem to only see things from rose colored glasses.   Duke actually was playing defense on the last play. 

UNC PLAYED GREAT. 

Lucky bounces..  how about Goldwire standing under the basket and getting a rebound and able to just lay it in.  It happens every game for both teams.

Duke slowed the game down in the second half and ran half court offenses.   Hence less up and down the court.   Duke is great in transition,, but UNC is faster and better.  

UNC having an off night in shooting 3's , it  happens.   And, every now and then, you have to say , maybe the other team was trying to prevent good open looks.

Duke very well might lose to Fla St tonight..  Wouldn't surprise me at all.   They have some tired legs for sure.

At this point in time.. my NCAA pick to win it all ,  is  UNC.    A month ago it was Duke,,  but this isn't the same Duke team from a month ago.  ( They aren't the same because they've had to play a REALLY REALLY good UNC teams  3 times and they have made everyone look bad. )

NCAA tourney.  Let be honest..  Even before the brackets have teams in their places..  

First thing I'll hear from UNC fans is  "Duke got the easiest bracket "  .. stop it LOL.. 

Second,,  there will be a final four team that their bracket got blown up early but some of the best teams losing early.

Third, This is a tournament ,,  not the best team in the country.  Who can win 6 games in a row,  and have help that their bracket gets blown up help.

Best Wishes  UNC Fans..  I'm not a hater.. (  I'd never say that about the Saints Falcons or Bucs lol , Go Panthers )

Edited by OceanPanther
  • Pie 4

Seen brackets with Heels as #1 seed over Tenn...should not happen if Tenn wins SEC tournament, tenn should be a #1

just happy Kentucky not a #1 seed, and that we won’t have to play them in Louisville in regional final....Kentucky really blew it, could have had basically a home court for sweet 16

at this point any #1 or #2 is fine with me...looks like we may end up in Kansas 

Edited by bull123

We'll find out the 1 seeds soon enough. I think the ACC deserves 3 #1 seeds. I don't think Carolina deserves to be punished for losing by 1 to a game Duke team and I don't think Gonzaga deserves to lose their 1 seed either. Duke may very well end up with the #1 overall seed.

I also see talk that Carolina and Duke should play again this year. I disagree, just for the simple fact that either Durham or Chapel Hill will be up in flames afterwards. Lord forbid if its for the NCAA title.

1 hour ago, tarheelpride said:

We'll find out the 1 seeds soon enough. I think the ACC deserves 3 #1 seeds. I don't think Carolina deserves to be punished for losing by 1 to a game Duke team and I don't think Gonzaga deserves to lose their 1 seed either. Duke may very well end up with the #1 overall seed.

I also see talk that Carolina and Duke should play again this year. I disagree, just for the simple fact that either Durham or Chapel Hill will be up in flames afterwards. Lord forbid if its for the NCAA title.

Not sure how it all works out, but tenn deserves a #1 if they win today

would you take uva over both Dook and Carolina?

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Not sure how it all works out, but tenn deserves a #1 if they win today

would you take uva over both Dook and Carolina?

Tough. UVA beat Carolina who beat Duke who beat UVA. UVA and Carolina won the regular season, which should be enough. Dook has a 1 seed regardless. UNC has a better schedule and I think they've rated better this year.

But with Tennessee getting smoked, it's down to the Big 10 winner and Carolina.

33 minutes ago, tarheelpride said:

The committee did us no favors with our draw

They are all tough and we need to win 4 to get to the final four.  Certainly toughest top to bottom IMO but doable.

Do not like seeing Auburn in our bracket but they have an amazingly tough first 2 games.

Edited by Shocker

2 hours ago, tarheelpride said:

The committee did us no favors with our draw

you worried about Kansas?...we will beat their tails

and as long as we dont play kentucky in louisville, we will beat their tails too

that is assuming either of them will enough games to get to us

and remember...they are both gonna be scared of us

lets just get through next weekend first

Edited by bull123

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

They are all tough and we need to win 4 to get to the final four.  Certainly toughest top to bottom IMO but doable.

Do not like seeing Auburn in our bracket but they have an amazingly tough first 2 games.

we will beat Auburn...i watched south carolina play sec games all year...their league is not nearly as good as the ACC

29 minutes ago, bull123 said:

we will beat Auburn...i watched south carolina play sec games all year...their league is not nearly as good as the ACC

You must have missed them smashing Tennessee today.

10 hours ago, bull123 said:

you worried about Kansas?...we will beat their tails

and as long as we dont play kentucky in louisville, we will beat their tails too

that is assuming either of them will enough games to get to us

and remember...they are both gonna be scared of us

lets just get through next weekend first

Should they meet ( Kansas , UNC )  I don't like it being played in Kansas .

3 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

Should they meet ( Kansas , UNC )  I don't like it being played in Kansas .

That right there is the problem.  KU themselves is not scary, but a four seed should not have de facto home court for the second weekend.