• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

saX man

Wildcard Contenders; Big Week Folks

This week is greatly important.  We win, we are 7-3.  

The main ~5-6 behind us are playing each other this week (one a likely NFCN winner):

Packers (4-4-1) @Seahawks (4-5) 

Cowboys (4-5) @Falcons (4-5)

Vikings (5-3-1) @Bears (6-3)

--

I bolded who I think would be the best winners to pick.  

• Pie 9

In the next 4 weeks, we are

@Lions

Home-Seahawks

@Tampa

@Cleveland

We very well could be heading into that first aints game at 10-3. This season still has a ways to go. And we are sitting pretty.

• Pie 6

44 minutes ago, saX man said:

This week is greatly important.  We win, we are 7-3.  

The main ~5-6 behind us are playing each other this week (one a likely NFCN winner):

Packers (4-4-1) @Seahawks (4-5) 

Cowboys (4-5) @Falcons (4-5)

Vikings (5-3-1) @Bears (6-3)

--

I bolded who I think would be the best winners to pick.  

That damn tie will come back to haunt GB.   I will take GB and as much as I hate to Dallas and gotta go with the Bears to stretch their lead in the NFCN.

17 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

That damn tie will come back to haunt GB.   I will take GB and as much as I hate to Dallas and gotta go with the Bears to stretch their lead in the NFCN.

That's true about GB.  I also think so much of the team is unspectacular that Rodgers can't do it all.  The Seahawks could be more dangerous down the stretch if the D picks up.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

In the next 4 weeks, we are

@Lions

Home-Seahawks

@Tampa

@Cleveland

We very well could be heading into that first aints game at 10-3. This season still has a ways to go. And we are sitting pretty.

Its hard for me to think any road game is an easy win at this point.  We could easily be 8-5 or even 11-2 after that stretch.  Its hard to read this team right now.

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Its hard for me to think any road game is an easy win at this point.  We could easily be 8-5 or even 11-2 after that stretch.  Its hard to read this team right now.

So which loss are we gonna go back and scratch to run back to 2 losses?

Pittsburgh would be a popular choice but I’m going Redskins. Should have won that game.

• Pie 7

There isn’t a single “garaunteed” win on the schedule.

Y’all are mighty confident after that dismantling that unfolded last week.

We could get drug @Lions just like we lost on the road to ATL, WASH.

Need a bounce back in the worst way right now.

30 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Pittsburgh would be a popular choice but I’m going Redskins. Should have won that game.

Skins for sure. Those two fumbles were brutal.

4 hours ago, jfra78 said:

If we are 11-2, I did not know I could travel back in time.  Tell me more..... i_am_the_illuminati_by_evielou5g-dachco1.jpg.480ebeb7a38329fc0b80269fa4c0aa1d.jpg

2 hours ago, mjligon said:

There was a game in Pittsburgh? cant remember

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, New York Panther said:

I like the insight. It's rare that any team has a 2 game lead over every team in the wild card hunt. Let's keep it rolling 

Umm, with Minnesota at 5-3-1 playing Chicago at 6-3, we don’t have a 2 game lead on everyone.  We have a 1.5 game lead right now in terms of being in the playoffs. If GB and Minnesota win, without us having a tie we can only lose 1 more and still be guaranteed the playoffs.

Posted this in the other thread. Tons of interplay in the NFC wildcard hunt. With Philly losing again and playing NO, the loss to Washington hurts a little less.

———————————————-

No, technically it's sort of no different than a 1 game lead assuming we don't tie a game in our last 7 games. Without looking at the schedules we have a 1 game lead since only Minnesota can pass us for #5 seed if we lose 1 more game. If we lose 2 more, we could finish out of the playoffs to Minnesota and GB.

All that said, this discussion ignores some key things, the games between teams behind us:

GB plays Minnesota, Atlanta, Chicago and Seattle

Seattle plays Minnesota and GB

Atlanta plays GB and Dallas

Minnesota plays Chicago x2, Seattle and GB

Chicago (division leader) plays Minnesota x2 and GB

Philly plays Washington x2 and Dallas + we have tiebreaker

Washington (division leader) plays Philly x2 and Dallas

Dallas plays Washington, Philly and Atlanta + we have tiebreaker

One other big note, many of these teams play the Rams and Saints as well, but we have the worst case playing NO twice. So, ignoring division leaders and inter-contender games, we are 1 tie ahead of Minnesota, 1 loss and 1 tie ahead of GB and 2 losses ahead of every other wild card contender. There are two many games to come up with all of the combos, but we likely can go 10-6 and still be a wild card team because of all these common games.