• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Anybodyhome

Trump: Too Busy For Arlington

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-cemetery-veterans-day-1220134

President Donald Trump said he “should have” attended a service on Veterans Day at Arlington Ceremony earlier this week, a rare public regret by the president, but also offered an excuse about making “calls for the country,” according to part of an interview released by Fox News on Friday.

Trump sat down for an interview with Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, who asked the president why he did not go to the ceremony on Monday. Trump has received significant criticism for failing to have a public event on Veterans Day, despite his heavy campaigning and robust public support for veterans and the military, and for his opting not to attend a ceremony in France where American troops killed in World War I lied.

"I should have done that, I was extremely busy on calls for the country, we did a lot of calling as you know,” Trump told Wallace about Veterans Day.

Wallace answered back: “But this is Veterans Day.”

Trump noted he had just returned from the trip overseas, and believed his appearance and remarks at the Suresnes American Cemetery and Memorial outside Paris on Sunday were “fine” while he was “extremely busy” with other matters.

“I could have done that, as you know I just left the day before the American Cemetery and I probably think, and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine…you know, in retrospect I should have and I did last year and I will virtually every year,” Trump said.

Trump continued: "But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris and I really probably assumed that was fine and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not my president, not my commander in chief.

Enemy of the state and a domestic enemy of the Constitution.

• Pie 1

Trump doesn't have one speck of the courage those laying in Arlington have. At least he kept them from rolling over in those graves.

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not my president, not my commander in chief.

Enemy of the state and a domestic enemy of the Constitution.

He’s a terrorist. We have a terrorist sitting in our highest office and we do nothing about it.

"I don't vote Democrat because they don't respect the military!" It's like a top 5 reason people vote Republican. If Obama acted like Trump does they would be absolutely out of their minds about it.

This is why I will never, ever, vote Republican, their stategeries are designed for stupid gullible people.