Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MillionDollarCam

Hurricanes Gameday Thread

Decided to make one singular thread for all Hurricanes games. 

The Canes are trying to fight their way out of that early season losing streak, they are going for their fourth straight win tonight.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:36 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

Just a quick update. This team has sucked, does suck, and will continue to suck until they start to spend money.

Nice young pieces though in Aho and Svechnikov. 

Should be two straight soon, maybe the team could be turning around a bit... though it is just Philly... I like the D and Aho and Svech but badly need a consistent goalie and some playmakers.

I feel like our goalies are giving us a solid chance.

They seem to be shifting towards playing Mrazek on the road and McElhinney at home.

Mrazek has a .915 on the road and McElhinney has a .931 at home. We just can’t score.

We have Aho playing at an 82 point pace and Teravainen at a 67 point pace, that’s it.

All of the other scoring is secondary scoring this year, meaning it’s not consistent.

Aho, Teravainen, and Svechnikov are literally the only offensive pieces that get me excited when discussing the Hurricanes.

I feel like the defense has been adequate with de Haan, Pesce, and Faulk playing really well, Slavin being his same old self, and Van Riemsdyk being decent. Hamilton has been horrible this year and not getting any scoring from him hurts.

Trading away Lindholn who is on a 98 point pace and Skinner who is on an 82 point pace was STUPID.

27 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

We just got to keep it going and see what happens.

Need to re-sign Ferland.

That's a solid deal for Martinook and the Canes. I like the physicality he brings and his ability to be slotted up higher. 

Once the Canes start adding more high end talent he'll make an excellent fourth line winger.

Another goal for El Nino. The Canes are closing in on the playoffs, just three points out.

The current pace has the magic number of points at 96. With the Canes at 56 points they would need 40 points out of their remaining 31 games which puts them at a 20-11 record over the last 31 with multiple combinations of overtime losses working towards their favor as well.

The Canes also have the highest ROW of any eastern conference team not already in playoff position, this gives them a nice advantage should they go on a run to close the season out.

Enormous game tonite.  Matt Murray has been an absolute Cane killer and Pittsburgh has had their number since they were responsible for sweeping them out of their last playoff berth in 2009.  No Malkin tonite, that helps.  This is a road trip the Canes need to scrap for points on and it'd be amazing to steal 2 in Pitt tonite.