• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

thebigcat

Can we have a Rams kind of offseason and just SPLURGE

Bye to the likes of:

Olsen, Davis, Adams, Kalil x 2, Munnerlyn, Peppers, Poe, Gano

Restructure:

Cam, Luke, Short to kick the can down the road a bit

SPLURGE in the offseason, do you remember the last time we splurged, it was like over a decade ago (Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Ken Lucas, Mike Wahle). Cam isn't going to get any younger and if you want to win a SB with Cam as QB then you cut the dead weight, go heavy on D via draft and FA and bring in coaches to right the ship

Edited by thebigcat

Just now, Harbingers said:

Cap hell again? 

If it means a Super Bowl then yes.... Saints have been in "cap hell" for a decade now

• Pie 3

We havent really had an offseason with tepper and he wants to win NOW so who knows

I don't want to kick the can down the road with Short. If he doesn't bounce back next year we can get out of that contract after next season. If we restructure him we probably won't be able to.

We splurged a couple of years ago with the Matt Kalil, Captain Munnerlyn, and Russell Shepard signings. How'd that work out? Oh wee mayne...

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't want to kick the can down the road with Short. If he doesn't bounce back next year we can get out of that contract after next season. If we restructure him we probably won't be able to.

We splurged a couple of years ago with the Matt Kalil, Captain Munnerlyn, and Russell Shepard signings. How'd that work out? Oh wee mayne...

you call Captain and Russell a splurge? 

• Pie 3

No

They have a QB on a rookie contract

We dont.  You see teams like that splurge while they can, see philly the year before

• Pie 1

Depending on Cam’s health you either play the long game which is smart sprulging or you play the short game if his health is in question and big dick it in FA. Brees can’t play forever and Ryan is getting up there too, Bucs might be looking for another QB this offseason. 

With that being said, I think cam is here for the long term, so we spend this offseason beefing up the d line, we need one key d linemen signed in fa, followed by 2 drafted in the first 3 rounds. Also time to pair Luke with someone other then Shaq or TD, so maybe a high pick on lb incoming. Still need some speed in the secondary, so cb or S will need to be a priority as well, hopefully fa. Daryl needs to be resign short term to pair with moton, and if possible replace Funchess with a big WR who isn’t just big for no reason. I’m hopeful but we’ll need the right gm in place to pull this off 

2 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

you call Captain and Russell a splurge? 

Kalil, Captain,and Shepard combined was $83M worth of free agent contracts in one off-season. Yeah, that's a splurge.

• Beer 1

Why, so we can still lose to the Saints?

A coaching and philosophy change would solve 75% of this teams problems this season.

Edit: and the Bears as well.

Edited by Eazy-E

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly man, I'm already at that point with Short.  He had all of last year and was M.I.A. for the majority of last season as well.  KK seems like a great guy off the field, but man, idk if something subconsciously changed once he got paid, but it certainly looks that way.  He has just regressed so much that I think we need to get out of that contract asap, and I don't think we'll regret it.

Interior linemen getting laid that money should be able to win one-on-ones, and he isn't.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Honestly man, I'm already at that point with Short.  He had all of last year and was M.I.A. for the majority of last season as well.  KK seems like a great guy off the field, but man, idk if something subconsciously changed once he got paid, but it certainly looks that way.  He has just regressed so much that I think we need to get out of that contract asap, and I don't think we'll regret it.

Interior linemen getting laid that money should be able to win one-on-ones, and he isn't.

We just can't afford to cut him after this year. The dead money situation is just brutal. It's not bad at all after next season. I honestly think Short needs a beast of a season next year or he'll almost certainly be playing his final season as a Panthers.

• Pie 1