Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Icege

Changing the Narrative, Vol. 1: #9 vs. #16

Recommended Posts

“Vol 1”?! This makes me assume there are more volumes of this nonsense to come. This stupid thread does not warrant another post. 

9th pick > 16th pick. End of discussion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 3/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, Chosen Newton said:

“Vol 1”?! This makes me assume there are more volumes of this nonsense to come. This stupid thread does not warrant another post. 

9th pick > 16th pick. End of discussion 

Uh oh, sounds like somebody doesn't want their echo chamber to be disturbed because they've been listening to mindless narratives such as "YOU HAVE TO LOSE THE LAST GAME SO THAT WE CAN DRAFT A ONCE IN A LIFETIME PLAYER AT #9!" and "MARTY HURNEY BUILT THE 2015 TEAM!"

Stay tuned and we might even challenge other stupid poo some folks believe, such as "THE EARTH IS FLAT!", "VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM!", and "MY SISTER IS A GOOD KISSER!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, Chosen Newton said:

 

9th pick > 16th pick. End of discussion 

We all agree 9>16. What the OP showed is that historically there is no difference in talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Icege said:

Uh oh, sounds like somebody doesn't want their echo chamber to be disturbed because they've been listening to mindless narratives such as "YOU HAVE TO LOSE THE LAST GAME SO THAT WE CAN DRAFT A ONCE IN A LIFETIME PLAYER AT #9!" and "MARTY HURNEY BUILT THE 2015 TEAM!"

Stay tuned and we might even challenge other stupid poo some folks believe, such as "THE EARTH IS FLAT!", "VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM!", and "MY SISTER IS A GOOD KISSER!"

You sound butthurt you can’t convince people of your stupid analysis. You say Ross at 9 is equivalent to Humphrey at 16 yet you completely ignore Mahomes Watson and hooker who were picked before the 16th pick and could have been picked at 9 ya numbnut. Maybe you should put some more thought into your posts and making valid points rather than worrying about demeaning your critics *cue mic drop*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chosen Newton said:

You sound butthurt you can’t convince people of your stupid analysis. You say Ross at 9 is equivalent to Humphrey at 16 yet you completely ignore Mahomes Watson and hooker who were picked before the 16th pick and could have been picked at 9 ya numbnut. Maybe you should put some more thought into your posts and making valid points rather than worrying about demeaning your critics *cue mic drop*

"But they COULD have been picked at 9..." but they weren't, were they? So it doesn't matter. That's like saying Antonio Brown and Kareem Hunt could have been selected at #16 as well. Get all of the fug outta here with that nonsense.

Why would I care if people don't change their minds? Some of y'all still think that Shaq should be gone, that one DE at #9 is going to fix our pass rush, that whoever gets picked at #16 is going to be worthless, or that 53 grown ass men are going to suddenly turn it in so that the higher ups can get an earlier chance to replace them.

Some folks commit hard to being wrong and that's okay, because without losers we can't have winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Icege said:

"But they COULD have been picked at 9..." but they weren't, were they? So it doesn't matter. That's like saying Antonio Brown and Kareem Hunt could have been selected at #16 as well. Get all of the fug outta here with that nonsense.

Why would I care if people don't change their minds? Some of y'all still think that Shaq should be gone, that one DE at #9 is going to fix our pass rush, that whoever gets picked at #16 is going to be worthless, or that 53 grown ass men are going to suddenly turn it in so that the higher ups can get an earlier chance to replace them.

Some folks commit hard to being wrong and that's okay, because without losers we can't have winners.

yes, and i'd like to thank you and the public school system for the win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 3/6/2019 at 2:21 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

First of all, how do you build a winning culture if you ask players to give less than 100%? Regardless of current record and playoff status and against a divisional foe.  What the Saints or any other team does isn't our issue.   You play who is on the field but to outright ask them to tank is counterproductive what you are trying to build within your organization.

Secondly, if we had to "tank" for draft position, to me the only acceptable tanking, it would be for a top 5 pick.  As the OP noted quality players, even better players can be had between 9 and 16.  While they aren't necessarily franchise players they most likely will be solid pros.  I can't speak exactly for the OP but from my take he is trying to show that you are going to get a talented player at 16 as you would 9.  

Just like us teams have holes to fill and a great player could slide well into the 20s because his position doesn't meet any teams top needs. AKA Aaron Rodgers.

For all those that bitch about Hurney and Gettleman,  I will say this. Hurney has nailed every first round pick.  Even when we traded away to get Otah.  He was a solid player until he gave up on football. And in comparison to Gettleman it isn't even close. I will take Hurney's first round pick and believe it will help the team. Gettleman, not so much. If he does as well as he did last year.  I think he'll do ok with 2019 draft.  (though some will bitch about every player drafted).

BOTTOM LINE. YOU DON'T TANK IF YOU ARE TRYING TO BUILD A WINNING CULTURE.  END OF STORY!!!!

 

Dude this team was giving 25% the second half of the season, what is one more game?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Dude this team was giving 25% the second half of the season, what is one more game?  

To be fair, the last game of the season was won by the backups and back up to back ups.  Not the starters who put on one of the greatest midseason collapses in the history of the NFL.  For the people that wanted us to lose that final game, maybe the key was to keep playing the starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Icege said:

"But they COULD have been picked at 9..." but they weren't, were they? So it doesn't matter. That's like saying Antonio Brown and Kareem Hunt could have been selected at #16 as well. Get all of the fug outta here with that nonsense.

LOL point I’m making, which is surprisingly going way over your head, is that mahomes Watson and hooker did not make it to the 16th pick. Therefore, having the 9th pick gives you the ability to draft those players. DUY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m one of the fans who wanted the win because many times that can carry over to the next season. The only time I wanted and cheered for losing was when the Panthers had a shot at the #1 pick was either Luck if entered the draft or Cam Newton.  

Had the Panthers lost against the Saints I would have be fine with it. BUT looking back the Panthers started a third string QB, McCaffery sat most of the entire game.  Luke didn’t play and neither did some other starters.  And yes Saints day a lot of players also. But how did people expect the Panthers to lose that game on purpose without basically turning the ball over on purpose and Def just sitting down on the field looking like fools missing tackles etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chosen Newton said:

LOL point I’m making, which is surprisingly going way over your head, is that mahomes Watson and hooker did not make it to the 16th pick. Therefore, having the 9th pick gives you the ability to draft those players. DUY!

Yea, but you know who did make it to #16?

TJ Watt, Budda Baker, Juju, Kamara, Hunt, James Conner, Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen, George Kittle, and everybody else.

And you're further proving my point. We are going to get a quality starter at #16 that isnt that much of a huge loss from #9. We dont need a QB, so having Mahomes and Watson go #10 & #12 is good for Carolina (plus Trubisky at #2, he wasnt available at 9 but Mahomes/Watson are just as good if not better, right?). What does it matter if it's a future Pro Bowler when we already have an NFL MVP at the position? John Ross went at #9 and he is ass trash. Fournette went at #4 but we still got CMC at #8 (not a Pro Bowler but Kamara at #67, Hunt at #86, and Conner at #105 (this isnt to poo on CMC, it's to emphasize that the differences between the quality of players at #8 and #67 really doesnt look that drastic).

 

The draft is a crap shoot and wanting to intentionally lose in order to gamble sooner on 7 players for a 53 player team is both stupid and short sighted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites





×
×
  • Create New...