Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Where do you NOT want to see Thomas Davis go?

Is anyone really afraid of TD at this point in this career . . . especially TD without having Luke at his side?  My prediction is TD will be below average at this point without Luke or that type of linebacker at his side. 

On 1/10/2019 at 1:21 PM, Daddy_Uncle said:

He won't go to a division rival. He left the team on good terms and I can't see him doing that. 

All about the benjamin's at this point.  PED58 is going to sign with the highest bidder, period.  (or the Patriots if they offer)

17 hours ago, jtm said:

Is anyone really afraid of TD at this point in this career . . . especially TD without having Luke at his side?  

Honestly, no.

But it will still suck to see him wearing another uniform.

I’m not afraid of anybody.

But let’s not pretend that the following facts don’t apply:

1. He’s still an effective WLB. 

2. He’ll want to prove his old team wrong.

3. Good chance he’ll end up in the division. 

Depends on if he wants to go into the booth, into coaching, or walk from the game entirely.

Go into the booth?  LA Chargers, Giants, Jets...possibly cowboys.

Coaching?  Probably stay in the division I would assume.

Walk?  Probably Ravens or ATL.

14 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Depends on if he wants to go into the booth, into coaching, or walk from the game entirely.

Go into the booth?  LA Chargers, Giants, Jets...possibly cowboys.

Coaching?  Probably stay in the division I would assume.

Walk?  Probably Ravens or ATL.

I have a friend who's a Rams fan that hopes they pick him up.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have a friend who's a Rams fan that hopes they pick him up.

Nice

I hope he succeeds next year. In any city. He’s a great man, courageous player, and deserving of a championship. 

I really hope he goes to the Falcons and kicks our ass the next two seasons. Riveras firing would be just another humanitarian thing Davis has done for us.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:46 PM, cookinwithgas said:

The Falcons would be the worst possible landing spot. I hope he knows he'd take a popularity hit for going there with the fanbase here, and hope he cares to be involved with the Panthers after retirement enough to not do that.

Don't think it's fair to be upset with him no matter where he signs. He practically begged the Panthers to sign him and they didn't even bother to offer him a backup level contract. I'd have no hard feelings and wish him the best. Atlanta makes a lot of sense for the reasons others have mentioned. I suspect he'll go wherever he gets an offer that gives him both a legitimate shot at playing time and a super bowl. And I think we owe it to him not to be upset even if that's a division rival. 

At some point all the planning and intentions he signaled need to be taken into account. He said last year was his final one, the team started prepping for it; then he earned a suspension and didn't want to end on a year like that. Not the Panthers fault. I'd rather he stayed myself but at the same time his situation changed; not the Panthers. I wish him nothing but success next year but I'm just asking him to keep looking at the big picture. I want him at alumni days. I want him in the community. I want him to be the most popular and engaged retired Panther ever. One year as a Falcon and he will take some kind of hit. One year as a Charger or Bill or whatever, no one will care. Think Farve as a Viking vs a Jet.