Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Eric Washington will remain as D-coordinator

2 hours ago, Panthers2019 said:

Hurney has learnt from his mistakes and just had an awsome draft but you never give him any credit cause you nothing but a hater.

Don't shoot the messenger man.   Keep up your Hurney appologist tour.

The practical upshot...

Downgrading him to a DL Coach would likely have meant a new contract and reduction in pay.  Keeping him as DC prevents those things.

This also would have been a little tricky to navigate given that Sam Mills III is technically the DL coach now, so they'd have had to do something with him also.

Since job titles don't mean jack sh-t in the NFL, practically speaking Washington can go back to performing the duties of a DL coach while Mills serves as his (now better paid) assistant.

And perhaps most important, Rivera can now protect Washington from scrutiny and criticism by doing the DC job for him while also trying to train him so that down the road, they can try promoting him again when they feel he's ready.

Savvy?

928a82d3365bc4af761eec9251b82602--jack-s

12 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Why wouldn't he be? He's obviously a damn good coach, or he wouldn't have had the success he had as a lineman coach. 

From my perspective, he just needs more experience.  He's going to get that, and continue to grow, while Rivera calls the plays next year. 

That's a win/win folks. 

exactly.  people on here will be pissed off no matter what the organizations does. it's actually quite hilarious 

20 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Please stop posting also. 

Must really trigger you when I post. Because I average maybe 1-2 a week. 

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would like to think he's just hanging onto them until he can find the people he really wants to run things while giving just enough authority to keep things afloat and not cripple the team.  At least that's my hope.

Tepper has been an official part of the NFL since 2009.  He knows who he likes as coaches or administrators and he knows whether or not he can get them.

He's a damn multi-BILLIONAIRE.  He *knows* these things by now.

If he doesn't he's the dumbest damn multi-billionaire I've ever known about.

NFCS 

SAINTS — class of the division

FALCONS — made decisive changes to coaching staff across the board to improve

BUC’s — got much better yesterday with new HC and DC.

PANTHERS — same stale FART and going nowhere, and not trying to.

Don't see why some of you are getting hung up on the ''title'' he's been a hell of a defensive line coach. So as long as Rivera is calling the plays, some one has to do the installs. 

No need to fire a good position coach with a title that's for show at this point. 

If Eric Washington remains our defensive coordinator with Ron Rivera the HC: someone please tell me what it takes to change this organization. It seems like we're stuck in the losing is ok mindset...

21 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

....... he just needs more experience.......

He's been coaching for over 20 years, what new defensive concepts, schemes, and plays does this guy need at this point?  Not everyone is management material...

This is all a moot point if Cam isn't healthy next year. A small part of me hope he isn't. We completely blow the season, come back with a new GM, coach, a fully healthy Cam and a top 3 pick the year after. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

NFCS 

thats how it seems...dang.

3 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

NFCS 

SMDH, I just don't understand. Nothing changed with a new HC in Rivera. Nothing changed with a new/old GM in Hurney. Defense got worse and thus far, nothing has changed under new owner...

37 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Rest Cam all season and play for the #1 pick. That's all I'm hoping for

pretty much where Im at this point as well 

Except you know Ron isnt going to rest Cam in a season where hes probably on the hot seat if we start losing out of the gate