• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jackson113

Are you happy with the current direction of the Panthers at this time.

Are you happy with the current direction of the panthers?   

151 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with current direction of the Panthers right now

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Yes and No.  They are finally looking to get younger but keeping Washington as DC is showing signs of dysfunctional culture. 

Ideally I would have liked a new coach that is more analytical, but if Rivers calls the defense and Norv calls the offense I’m willing to see what happens. Hard to tell anything about the roster yet...

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

And we a playing in my opinion a tougher schedule. Smells like 4-12

Cam somehow gonna carry this team to 9-7, a wildcard, and a first round exit. Just enough for Rivera to justify sticking around another couple seasons and ensuring we completely waste Cams prime.

Fix the offensive line, I've been saying it since the Superbowl.  How do you not protect your most important asset and one of the hardest to find a good to elite of?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

At this point it is too early to tell. Our coaching staff is incomplete and we haven't even discussed who we are keeping and who we aren't. The overblown response to Washington sticking around assumes he is the DC on game day. He is a darn good defensive line coach and works with the front seven players.  Ron stays DC and oversees the scheme and play calling. We bring on someone to manage the secondary. What great defensive coordinator would come here knowing Rivera will be calling plays and controlling the scheme. With all the DC openings, who thinks ours is a great one right now 

doesn't really matter who your DL coach is when your best pass rusher is Mario Addison. KK is overpaid, Poe is trash, Butler is a bust, and there aren't better options behind those guys.

really shows you where the team's priorities lie after we went to the SB when we had an average OL and we quickly turned around and let our Pro Bowl OG leave with only a practice squad player and an oft-injured draft bust to fill his spot.

Edited by pantherphan96
  • Pie 1

What direction is a dog going when it's chasing it's own tail?

• Pie 4

46 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Cam somehow gonna carry this team to 9-7, a wildcard, and a first round exit. Just enough for Rivera to justify sticking around another couple seasons and ensuring we completely waste Cams prime.

Eli posted 9-7 and won the Super Bowl the same year.

3 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Eli posted 9-7 and won the Super Bowl the same year.

Due to a significantly better OL, Eli had a 4.5% sack rate that year while Cam's lowest was this year at 5.8% with a career average of almost 7%. Numbers that would be even higher if it weren't for his mobility.

Forget coaching changes or firing the GM or any of that.  After such a monumental collapse to end the season, after such a promising start, shouldn't something be said or done by someone in a leadership role with this franchise to address the frustrated and disappointed fan base?  And I get that Cam was hurt, I get all that, but you can't completely fall apart in such a pathetic fashion and just coast into the off-season without some form or gesture of reassurance to the fans.  This is what bothers me more than anything.  Keep the current staff, fine, but give us some insight into why next year will be better by making no changes.

And no, unceremoniously terminating Thomas Davis, the ultimate Panther, is not how you send a message of change to the fans.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Due to a significantly better OL, Eli had a 4.5% sack rate that year while Cam's lowest was this year at 5.8% with a career average of almost 7%. Numbers that would be even higher if it weren't for his mobility.

Eli went 10-6 and won the Super Bowl the same year.

Won both Super Bowls over the Patriots.